Cancelling FX

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Trash
Expert

Cancelling FX

Post by Trash » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:18 am

Sorry to ask such a basic question but it has been bugging me since I started using Auria a few months ago.

If you click on the FX button above a channel it brings up the FX panel, if you then choose anything other than 'Default' the FX button is lit.
However if you subsequently select 'Default' in the hope of removing any FX the button stays lit up and the only way of getting it to turn off is to manually unselect all the individual settings in the FX panel that have become selected.

Is there any 'One touch' way of unselecting FX (i.e. turning the button off).

Many thanks and apologies for asking a question that may have a very obvious answer (I did try searching the forum first).

Thanks all

Cheers

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Cancelling FX

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:22 am

The "Default" is a preset selector. it lets you choose which preset to use for the channelstrip. The channelstrip itself can be switched on or off by pressing the corresponding enable buttons on the bottom (EQ, CMP and EXP). Also, each individual plugin slot can be enabled or disabled by pressing the In buttons next to each plugin.

Rim

Trash
Expert

Post by Trash » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:52 am

Hi - thank you for the response, which does make sense, but I still don't really understand why/how returning to 'Default' does not automatically set everything to back to the default state.
I know it is probably a minor thing but for some reason this hole in my understanding really bugs me...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:07 am

It's just the way DAWs typically work. The preset selector allows you to choose between different set of parameters within a plugin (or channelstrip in this case). But there's always a separate way to enable or disable them.

Rim

Trash
Expert

Post by Trash » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:15 am

Ha okay.
This is my first experience with a DAW so I guess I just have to adjust my thinking and habits.

Thanks again for the patient explanation(s).