Upload Tracks from HooToo iOS drive?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

tracygrammer

Upload Tracks from HooToo iOS drive?

Post by tracygrammer » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Hi friends. How do we get tracks from an external HooToo drive into our projects? I've poked around but I can't seem to find the answer.
Thank you! -tg

Corey W
Expert

Re: Upload Tracks from HooToo iOS drive?

Post by Corey W » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:31 pm

HooToo should have an iPad app that you can install to then select your audio files on the drive and use the 'Open In...' function to get them to Auria.
I am not personally familiar with this drive but that is how the other lightning drives I have used function.

audiohub

Re: Upload Tracks from HooToo iOS drive?

Post by audiohub » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:28 am

I had the HooToo drive a while back, and although I liked the mechanical case design of the unit, I had nothing but problems using it with Auria and the IPad. After going back and forth with their service representatives and getting them to fix an obvious bug in their software, I sort of got it to work, only to find out further down the road that it won't let you import larger projects to your IPad (2 gig limit, I think?) Their software app is poorly designed, and really difficult to use. It's certainly not designed with users like us in mind.

I finally gave up and bought the IExpand, and although I don't like the mechanical design of the stick as well, their software application is miles beyond the HooToo, and works perfectly. I've transferred large projects back and forth many times with no problems or glitches, and this makes keeping my work archived much easier, so I tend to do it more often, which is good.

These are just my experiences, of course...YMMV.