Animoog Forgetting Presets

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Animoog Forgetting Presets

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:44 am

I'm not sure where the issue would be there. I have piece I'm writing. One track is using Animoog, one Model 15. I assign a preset from each. I shut down Auria, Animoog and Model 15, I restart Auria, and check the settings for that track. The track with Model 15 remembers it's preset, the one with Animoog does not. Any thoughts on this?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Animoog Forgetting Presets

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:48 pm

Animoog opens with the Default setting not the last settings you left it with unless you save the setting to be reloaded or you will lose it upon leaving the app. Model 15 likely opens where you last left it. It is possible that Model 15 sends Bank and Patch numbers when recording into a midi track but I havent tested that. What I did test is that Animoog will respont to patch change numbers but not banks as Animoog doesn't use banks but rathe Catagories with no midi data sent to AuriaPro either for Catagory or Patch change but like I said it receives Patch change so you can set the patch number in the midi track settings. Try changing Model 15 to another setting and then exit the app and see if when you insert it back into AuriaPro and press play, does the Model 15 move to the project settings? If it does than Model 15 recorded this midi data and is now reading it back and resetting itself to that midi data. If it doesnt it means you just left the app in the last state you used it in and it opened in that last saved state. These are the only 2 possible senarios. Cheers and good luck.

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Animoog Forgetting Presets

Post by rickwaugh » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Thanks, Anthony. It's a bit of a pain. I ended up bouncing that track in place. I was having all kinds of troubles; I was using Animoog, Model 15, Beathawk and iSymphonic, and at times the sound would just disappear on one track or another, even though the track was still present, and the instrument was in the correct slot. I would restart Auria to get it back, then have to remember what preset I had used on Animoog. I believe I can just go select a different preset, then go back to the one I had before in those instruments to get them going. Frustrating - it's a pretty simple piece of music, with only 4 tracks.