Newbie - some apps not inter-apping

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jameslondon74

Newbie - some apps not inter-apping

Post by jameslondon74 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi there, Auria Pro is without doubt a powerhouse of an app. Yet it seems to be really buggy with certain apps.

I'm running on an iPad Air 2, with Patterning and Borderlands Granular, yet when I try and patch these apps into Auria Pro (FX insert), they either crash or freeze. What is going on?

Other apps seem to work fine (Gadget, TC-11, iWavestation)

Thanks

Tovokas
Expert

Re: Newbie - some apps not inter-apping

Post by Tovokas » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:34 am

I eventually gave up on IAA in either Auria or Cubasis... simply too buggy. Obviously that sucks because apps like Patterning and Borderlands Granular are awesome. (Though with an app like Patterning, I'm still able to use them by exporting patterns to Audioshare to use as loops). I know some folks scrabble together tenuous workflows that work for them, at least part of the time, but for me I found the whole process of 'never knowing' just gave me an ulcer. :)

So many of us are moving on to AU and built in synths, which are (at least in my experience) an order of magnitude more reliable. Happily, it seems the trickle of older apps being converted to AU is growing. (Yay Mersenne!) So hopefully some of our favorite IAA apps like Mitosynth and SynthMaster will make the transition as well. (And I'm guessing since AU is rising, and the IAA documentation is so poor it makes the infamously sketchy AU specs look like Ode to a Grecian Urn, that the days of devs pouring many resources into IAA are passing. I can only imagine how frustrating developing to an inherently buggy and unstable standard would be!)

jameslondon74

Post by jameslondon74 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:16 am

Thanks.

What's AU?

Yes - I actually can't use Granular or Patterning in Auria Pro any more. It simply doesn't work.

jameslondon74

Post by jameslondon74 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:54 am

And another follow up question... what about AUM? As a recorder? I basically want a reliable way to record inter app audio. Even if it's one channel at a time. Auria just too unreliable.

jameslondon74

Post by jameslondon74 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:04 pm

(Unreliable for recording I mean.) AUM seems like an iPad version of the old 4-tracker machines.