Which interfaces do work with the new iPad

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Francer

Which interfaces do work with the new iPad

Post by Francer » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:47 pm

Hi all

I'm one of the users who posted about in the interface section about my Focusrite iTrack solo/dock not working with the new 2017 iPad (not the IPad pro), and Cory acknowledged it was a known issue they were looking into.

I also can't seem to get the usb interface functionality of my Digitech RP255 multifx to work with Auria either, different issue, lots of horrible digital screeching and glitches.

Despite this I'm still, pretty impressed with Auria and want to stick with it for now so I am currently recording in Garageband and importing a track at a time to Auria so mix and add effects, a massive PITA :(

So ... is anyone using an interface that does work with Auria and the new iPad, as I think I might just bite the bullet and buy a different interface.

stromberg-carlson
Expert

Audiofuse works perfectly for me

Post by stromberg-carlson » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:39 pm

SEEe.jpg
Audiofuse1.jpg
look into the Audiofuse. It has worked for me on the few times ive used some ipad apps (i am 100% qa hardware guy but will use software apps when out and about). this is 12.9 inch pro LTE 512gb.

when testing out this interface, ive used it mainly on some other apps (animoog, ipolysix,cubasis and some other ones..) but have used it once or twice with aurias well...

no detectable latency!!!

Francer

Re: Which interfaces do work with the new iPad

Post by Francer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:32 am

Thanks for the response, but I'm very specifically looking for a known good interface for the new regular 2017 9.7inch iPad - not the Pro version, which I think you are using.

I would expect someone from Auria support ought to be able to advise me, since they must have a new iPad by now, and are presumably running their own tests????

Anyone else???

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:19 am

I do have a 5th gen non-pro iPad now that I am using for testing. I confirmed the recurring issue with the Focusrite iTrack dock and I am in the process of testing a lot of other interfaces to see if this problem is localized to Focusrite and/or MFi or a bigger issue effecting other interfaces.

Gary
Expert

Post by Gary » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:57 pm

Is the it rack dock problem fixable through a software update or firmware update?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:40 am

We don't know what the exact cause of the problem with the iTrack dock is yet so there is no fix currently available. Focusrite has confirmed the issue on their end and is looking into the problem as well.

Francer

Post by Francer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:56 am

Thanks for the update, good to hear it's being looked into.

Can you give an indication of the release/bugfix cycle for something like this - how soon might a fix be released?

And in the meantime, has your testing with the new iPad identified an interface that does work? That way Focusrite users can decide whether to wait for a fix or buy a different interface.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:36 am

We've tested every interface we have here at the office (most of what's on our compatibility page), and have run into no issues with the new iPad. The iTrack Dock is the only interface with problems at this point. From my testing it looks like an iOS or hardware issue that's similar to what happened with the iPad 2 a while back. In that case it turned out to be an issue with the iPad's internal hardware and was fixed in the next iPad model. This problem is behaving in very similar ways. Auria uses more resources than other DAWs (because it has more functionality), which is why it happens more often.

Rim

Synthabator

Post by Synthabator » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:18 pm

Issue with combality of new 5th gen and Tascam 4x4. Still works just a pop up saying unsupported