iOS11

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dirge59
Expert

Re: iOS11

Post by Dirge59 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:17 pm

IOS 11 public beta 5 works perfectly on my IPad 2017 9.7, iPad Pro 9.7 as well as my 10.5 iPad Pro? The one thing I notice on the 10.5, is that I never see the “auria splash screen”, it has a 1/2 second of black screen and last song is loaded a second later. Does any using any of these iPads have it not working for them? I was a little scared to update the 10.5 this morning, but after the other 2 did fine, I said “what the hell,”

Zoidberg

Post by Zoidberg » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:54 pm

It looks like Auria Pro is now working more or less as expected again as of today's iOS Developer Beta (15A5362a) for my 2016 iPad Pro 12.9. Well, at least it launches normally and seems to work. I haven't exercised it thoroughly or anything, but that's still better than the last couple of weeks.

ecstaticax

Post by ecstaticax » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:29 pm

I confirm. On latest beta Auria seems to work.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:10 am

Apparently it was an iOS issue related to the way AU plugins get enumerated. I'm happy they fixed it.

Rim

Zoidberg

Post by Zoidberg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:51 am

Rim wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:10 am
Apparently it was an iOS issue related to the way AU plugins get enumerated. I'm happy they fixed it.

Rim
Just FYI, I managed to cause the problem to recur on this week's beta - I was trying to open a scratch project that has different Inter-App Audio instruments assigned to a few tracks. I got an error about being unable to open one of them (TF7, I think, but possibly Phase84), and the suggestion to open the app from the Home screen, close the app and try again. I did that a few times with no luck and now Auria Pro crashes at the splash screen again. I might be able to "salvage" things by connecting to iTunes and deleting my project file from Auria Pro, but I gotta file a bug report with Apple first.

Zoidberg

Post by Zoidberg » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:58 am

Further update for anyone thinking about iOS 11 ... Stay away unless you really enjoy bug tracking and troubleshooting. :)

No-go on deleting project files through iTunes and trying to get Auria Pro to launch. Force-quitting everything, restarting the iPad Pro, etc. results in no real change. Every 3-4 crashes, it will get as far as popping up a crash report notice to provide further info, followed by a notice about trying to load a previous snapshot of the project. Unfortunately, any of the options presented result in another crash.

I finally deleted the app, reinstalled and downloaded all my purchases, then sync'd the bonus content. Everything seems to be working again but clearly there is still something not quite right if it's that easy to crash to an unrecoverable state without a wipe/reinstall.

Zoidberg

Post by Zoidberg » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:30 pm

Having reinstalled everything last week, I bit the bullet with today's new beta. All my IAA synths launch properly from within Auria Pro, they all run and play/record into Auria Pro without any issue and even Audiobus 2 seems to work again (which has been an issue in the last few weeks).

Anyway, getting closer to a finished OS ...

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:11 am

Thanks, I did find a few rare issues that could cause Auria to crash under iOS11, and those should be in the next update (out before or shortly after iOS 11 officially hits). But most of the major problems were Apple issues which they thankfully fixed.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: iOS11✅

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:04 pm

Update;
AuriaPro seems to be working under iOS11 Beta latest build. I haven’t got into every nitty gritty yet but for the most part its stable. I would say it is safe to upgrade to iOS11 on Sept 19/2017 but for goodness sakes back up your iPad first or at least save all your Auria projects to a computer. So far my old projects have loaded and Ive downloaded from dropbox with no issues.. Cheers

excesseye

Post by excesseye » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Latest Beta (GM) has caused Auria to crash to home screen again, even though the previous Beta was fine. I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling Auria. iPad Pro 10.5.

**edit** A reinstall fixed the crashing. PITA though!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:49 pm

iOS 11 (even the GM) still causes certain apps to crash. I've made some changes and will be uploading a new version soon after the official version hits.

Rim

lkingston
Expert

Post by lkingston » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:59 pm

OK, I just updated to IOS 11. The first time it worked perfectly. Now I can no longer start Auria. I hate to wipe and start again as I’ve got so much time spent on configuring everything. Reboots don’t help.

If I delete the app and start again, will that fix things? Should I have waited on the IOS upgrade? Should I just wait for the next update and not records any music until then? Waiting for the next update is probably the best option. Is that correct?

sleekitwan

Re: iOS11 - The completely obvious happening?!

Post by sleekitwan » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Very interested in buying into the latest ipad pro 12.9 inch and the ios 11 - seeing as I am now shut out of updates on my meagre ipad 4 (32 bit so ios 11 does not show up as a new 'software update' when I check in 'settings'). Got Auria Pro and would like to use the 'freeze' a lot less, as well as get the bigger view of controls etc.

So, I will just state the abundantly obvious - shouldn't Apple release the 'final' version of Operating System updates a month early, to at least developers of significant software apps (I mean ones like music or video, that involve more than screen-image changes). Especially with music, with big Ed Sheeran showing his tablet off at major mainstream events (Was it the Oscars one year?) and so on.

The ios11 is absolutely a sea-change in the underlying code all apps rely on. That Apple still throws the OS onto loyal customers who have invested time, money and effort into apps utterly reliant on their monopoly system, is mystefying.

The problems they cause with betas, I don't care much about, I don't run them. The problems they cause by the manner of releasing the latest final version of an ios, was forgivable when one had to copy it onto 10 CDs and pack that lot into a box, and post the thing out to customers. I mean, I would tell Apple this directly, but let's face it - that's a conversation with a sarcastic wall (you tried contributing to their forum?! Criticisms/feedback are simply not allowed in effect, the response is diabolical, like some spotty 17-year-old with no manners is answering stuff.)

Carry on, RIM. I have more faith in your enterprise, must await matters improving before shelling out for the new ipad.

lkingston
Expert

Post by lkingston » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:11 pm

I just got the 12.9” iPad Pro 2 with 512GB of RAM a month or so ago. Aside from this show stopping glitch it really is wonderful with Auria.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 pm

Got all crazy and installed it. Usually I wait, but I like the update. The file browser app does not seem to find Auria - is this something that needs to be developed/added to Auria? It would be so nice to be able to pull stems files in and out, without having to use iFunbox, and also when loading up a new device, being able to put all my purchased items back in their appropriate spots.