Light theme for Auria interface

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ebulb

Light theme for Auria interface

Post by ebulb » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:42 am

hi..

is there any chance you can add an option for a light grey theme for the auria interface ? when I bought this app it was a light grey and now you have changed to darker grey it makes it very difficult for me to continually look at the screen..

not sure if you realise but white text on dark background is difficult for some people to see properly and can cause headaches.. this was actually something I considered before buying the app and then not long after you changed it to darker shade... at first I thought i would just try and manage but its a problem and feels like my purchase has become somewhat useless..

why did you change it in the first place ?

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Light theme for Auria interface

Post by rickwaugh » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:28 am

I can't answer for Rim, but the majority of folks thought the new look was excellent, and the old one was very old fashioned and dull.

ebulb

Re: Light theme for Auria interface

Post by ebulb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:52 pm

well this is about paying for something and then being force fed something else you didn't pay for.. I cannot look at dark screen for long periods and I'm not alone in this situation.. I buy Auria with consideration given to the fact it has a lighter interface and i can look at it easily and then suddenly it changes to black and its difficult to sit in front of..

As far as I can tell the colours dark grey and black were available when the program was written ?? why is it such a big deal all of a sudden to make it darker when you first designed it to be lighter ? furthermore there is no reason why there could not be an option for a light or dark skin for the user to select.. many other programs do this, its because some people have issues with light writing on dark background.