Import through Dropbox now NOT possible

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MicciHay
Expert

Import through Dropbox now NOT possible

Post by MicciHay » Fri May 26, 2017 6:53 pm

I am using Auria Pro, and can't import WAV file through Dropbox.

From the [Menu], I pressed [Import File] , selected [DropBox], selected target WAV file with selected track number. The meter was moving, but after all nothing has NOT completed. I tried a couple of times.

I could import WAV file through iTunes without any problems.

Mixdown to Dropbox seems to be fine.

Formerly when I tried the Import through Dropbox, I did not face any problems. I recently upgrade my Auria Pro into v.2.11. Did it affect?

How can I import WAV through Dropbox, anyway now?

Corey W
Expert

Re: Import through Dropbox now NOT possible

Post by Corey W » Fri May 26, 2017 7:14 pm

I just tried importing both an Aif and Wav file from DropBox and both worked okay.

A few things you can try:

-Log out of and back into your DropBox account. (Menu> Settings> tap the DropBox logo in the lower right to log out and back in).

-Double-Click your iPad's Home button, close all open apps and hold the Power and Home button until the screen turns off and the Apple logo reappears. Open Auria and try importing a file via DropBox.

-Try a new project in Auria to see if you get the same results importing from DropBox.

If none of the above work, let me know the sample/bit rate of the Wav file in question and your target (Auria project) sample rate.

MicciHay
Expert

Post by MicciHay » Fri May 26, 2017 8:13 pm

Thank you, Corey.

I tried to try, but I was not able to find the way to "log out of and back into your DropBox account."

I went to [Setting] and pressed the [Dropbox] app button from the left column. I did not find anything to do with log out.

Would you give me further suggestions?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sat May 27, 2017 7:49 am

That is strange, I see that tapping on the DropBox logo just asks you to only log in now even when you are already signed in. It didn't used to be like that.

Have you tried importing different Wav files from DropBox into your session to see if it's an issue with just your one file?
Or a new Auria project to make sure there is no issue with your current session?

Like I said, it doesn't seem to be an Auria issue as my importing is working well across all file formats.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Sat May 27, 2017 8:01 am

It looks like if you are already logged into DropBox and then open the DropBox log in window (by tapping the DropBox icon in the Auria Settings) and simply tap on 'Cancel' it will log you out. You will be sent automatically to the 'Import File' screen and if you tap on the 'DropBox' tab, you will be prompted to log in again.

gwishin
Expert

Post by gwishin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:46 am

I had the exact same problem. iPad Air2 128gb iOS 10.3.2 running Auria Pro 2.11.

I spent literally an hour trying to import a track from Dropbox using the Menu->Import File option. I rebooted the iPad multiple times. Tried copying the project and importing from the new copy. Nothing worked.

I finally found the workaround: open Dropbox and select the file that you want to import. Tap on the 3 dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. Select Export->Open In->Import with Auria. That will save your WAV file locally to Auria and then you're good to go.

Cheers!

gwishin
Expert

Post by gwishin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:04 am

Sooo... what I posted above may not always be the workaround, because now I can't import other files that I need to work with. I've rebooted the iPad a few times and tried my above solution which subsequently didn't work. This is frustrating, guys.

gwishin
Expert

Post by gwishin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:12 am

Update: a couple of reboots later and I was finally able to import the file.