Note lengths

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Zaroff

Note lengths

Post by Zaroff » Mon May 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi all,

Auria Pro user for a few days, but getting frustrated with a few things:

-Note lengths, in the piano roll. Nothing works for me. Pencil on or not, touching the edge of a note to drag its extremity left or right simply moves the notes, coloring it red, or does nothing. I can't resize notes at all. What did I miss? Anyway, you'd think something as basic as that doesn't require alien alchemy, looking up the manual, or writing in a forum. Just sayin'.

-How is it possible, if at all, to resize the containers, or parts, at least when they contain midi information? I haven't been successful with that either.

Thanks for any pointers ;)

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Note lengths

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon May 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Youre likely having problems because of your snap value and your zoom in. You must zoom in until you see the arrow. Dont set the snap value to bar. Set it to a much smaller size like 1/16 or 1/8 or whatever you wish the note to snap to. You can also set it to none for freehand control ie. will not snap to any grid. Good luck. Cheers

Zaroff

Post by Zaroff » Mon May 08, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the heads-up, but it just isn't working. Zooming at maximum and disabling snap doesn't spawn any arrow up, whether I touch/drag/hurl insults at the note.
Nothing happens.

You would think the values in the upper left rectangle would be editable by hand, but it surely must be too obvious to be available...

krzycrs
Expert

Post by krzycrs » Tue May 09, 2017 2:00 am

Are you familiar with the two finger pinch gesture to zoom ?
It works fine with and without the 'edit' button/pencil engaged, also you can highlight some notes and select options to manipulate notes from the 'process' menu, maybe start a new project to try ...
Greetz

Zaroff

Post by Zaroff » Tue May 09, 2017 7:30 am

Found a workaround (?) which is selecting the notes, and increasing/decreasing holding and dragging the small "L" blue rectangle on the right of the notes length selection.

My second question still stands: is it possible to resize the parts, or do I have to split/delete, which is rather cumbersome?

P.S.: yes I AM familiar with two-fingers zoom gestures ;)

krzycrs
Expert

Post by krzycrs » Tue May 09, 2017 8:09 am

Resize, tap&hold/move the arrows in the midi region's left and right bottom corner, if that's what you mean?
The 'handle' in the middle of the right border lets you duplicate the region.
Hope that helps,
cheers