Song transferring and itunes

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Skippy567
Expert

Song transferring and itunes

Post by Skippy567 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:31 pm

Can someone explain to me exactly what I need to do (in English not audio nerd) so that when I get my songs into my iTunes library I can add artwork. This is my process now: when my song is done I Mixdown and send via Dropbox to audio mastering. Then I simply pull it from the app into iTunes library. I cannot add artwork. I heard some crap about it being a wav. File.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Song transferring and itunes

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Well Skippy I can help you with this. First you sounded shocked that it might have something to do with a wav file...it does. ☺️Sometimes crap can be true. So in plain English as you requested...You Can Not add art work to a wav file in iTunes. You must first convert it to an m4a or AAC. You can do this easily in Quicktime. Just select export in Quicktime. Also make sure that the permissions of the file are set to read and write. On a mac just select Get Info under File on your Mac desktop screen. Set the permission to Read and Write if their not already set. Now after converting the audio to m4a and setting the permissions you can now add artwork in iTunes.
Tip: To avoid having to convert the wav to m4a using Quicktime, just mixdown the audio in AuriaPro as an m4a available on the dropdown where you see the word Wav in the mixdown window. The m4a option is in this drop down list. Then you can just add it to iTunes and add artwork right away. Cheers.
Attachments
IMG_1445.PNG