Divide a project

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ThornsdaleBob

Divide a project

Post by ThornsdaleBob » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:18 am

Hi. Newbie type question.

I recently recorded 5 songs in one project, stopping and starting recording between each song. Can I easily now break up this project and save each song as a separate project?

Many thanks in advance.

pitzipado
Expert

Re: Divide a project

Post by pitzipado » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:54 pm

ThornsdaleBob wrote:Hi. Newbie type question.

I recently recorded 5 songs in one project, stopping and starting recording between each song. Can I easily now break up this project and save each song as a separate project?

Many thanks in advance.
Hello- I do mostly live recording wind up with 12 to 16 two hour mono tracks
here is how I slice them up:
Set locaters to start/stop points of song A
Settings>mix down>Name song>choose "locater range"> choose "stems" for
file type>ok
Open new project with name of song > select proper number & type of
tracks> go to settings>import file> select stems folder of the song and the
tracks will appear select each to proper new project track then ok it then on
to song B rinse& repeat or whatever
There are undoubtably other ways to do it maybe a slicker faster way?
if so I'd love to hear about it. Best wishes for great sounds :D

Aeron
Expert

Post by Aeron » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:35 pm

I dio a similar thing with our band practice recordings If each sone is separate, then each track per channel will already be separate and will have different name. In my case with 4 tracks per song, song one is track 1, 2, 3, 4, song 2 is tracks 1.1, 2.1, 3.1,4.1 etc.. You can start a new project and import the WAV files you need onto that project. You should be able to see the name of each WAV file for each song track in the main recording - just make a note of them if necessary and set up a new project for each song.

You can only do it this way if you stop recording between each song as you said that you did. Otherwise you would need to use the other method stated.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Aeron wrote:I dio a similar thing with our band practice recordings If each sone is separate, then each track per channel will already be separate and will have different name. In my case with 4 tracks per song, song one is track 1, 2, 3, 4, song 2 is tracks 1.1, 2.1, 3.1,4.1 etc.. You can start a new project and import the WAV files you need onto that project. You should be able to see the name of each WAV file for each song track in the main recording - just make a note of them if necessary and set up a new project for each song.

You can only do it this way if you stop recording between each song as you said that you did. Otherwise you would need to use the other method stated.
I should have mentioned I am actually doing the stems mix down with some
eq reverb compression and gain in fact a rough mix- everything in the ballpark.
I'm on an air2 and can run a lot of stuff. Then in the new project I can tweak it
to death I especially love the long throw fader feature in portrait mode. It's all good :mrgreen:

ThornsdaleBob

Post by ThornsdaleBob » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Thanks Guys,

Aeron's method of importing the wav files into a new project works well for me, and is pretty quick to do.