Fab Filter Pro R is excellent!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Fab Filter Pro R is excellent!

Post by mtingle » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:58 pm

This plugin is fantastic, well worth the purchase :)

King
Expert

Re: Fab Filter Pro R is excellent!

Post by King » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:40 pm

Indeed it is! Can I say the best? ... Well I did.

(((Fabfilter Pro-R-everb)))

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:05 am

So intuitive, plenty of control and variety. It's the first one I've been able to slap on the drum bus and get a nice room sound with very little effort. My current drum track is so alive without all the low frequency misery.

pitzipado
Expert

Post by pitzipado » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Wow Fabfilter hit another one out of the park with the ProR. Very beautiful sounds
the graphics are unreal. What's really got me going is I just discovered I can run
ProR and ProQ2 in aux slots and apply them to the monitor mix for overdubs at
32 sample buffer no crash no problem- also a bit of the channel strip compression
I always used the pianoverb or Classicverb pro this is much more inspirational and
fun. Thanks Rim for the great update! Auria is packing a mighty punch these days :D

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:08 am

A lot of us were singing the praises Pro-R on the AudioBus forum, checked here & saw the thread. If you have any of the FabFilter plugs then you know the extreme quality they possess. Pro-R is so good, so versatile, it's easy to get hyperbolic about it, it really is that good.

Thanks Rim for the update & the entire WaveMachine team for getting the deal with FabFilter in the first place. Back when Auria was first released FabFilter plugins were respected in desktop VST plugin circles, but in the years since Auria updated to Pro the reputation of FabFilter plugins is unimpeachable. Being the same reverb, with same GUI, coding, algorithms, etc as the desktop for $40 is crazy...yeah for iOS standards that's pricey, for professional VST's it's nothing. It's $200 for Windows/Mac and at that price Pro R is worth it.
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:51 am

I agree with others to avoid going to the Fabfilter site and watching the product videos... that's how they get you. ;)

It really is one of the more innovative reverbs in the world... for 1/5th the desktop price. Argh, I feel the purse strings loosening!

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:58 am

Having that fine level of control over the frequencies of the reflections is really useful, and makes the reverb really versatile as a sound design and mixing tool.

My tip is to use the blue curve to emphasise the pleasing timbres in a vocal or instrument. For example if you have a guitar that has great tone to start with, or if you can identify the most pleasing timbre in a vocal track, use Pro R to add additional reflections at those frequencies using the blue curve, and attenuating others (especially the extremes of high and low) and the reverb will emphasise those pleasing timbres in a really effective and beautiful way.