Problem with update [2.09] & JamUp [Fixed]..

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Lonelypunk
Expert

Re: Big Problem with latest update [2.09] & JamUp IAP.

Post by Lonelypunk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:19 am

Oh dear...

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:50 am

King wrote:yep!

I've already asked him to get in touch with you directly Rim.

I'm usually quite laid back and patient This is the first time I've thought about not using Auria anymore. Its that bad! I cant work on my projects. no more updating for me, something always breaks, apart from 2.07.

Nothing I can do I guess.

Ps'd off..
The update button is like playing Russian Roulette with your music studio!

Why Apple can't include a 'revert back to previous iOS/ app' configuration I do not know.

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:42 am

"Mike Lee (Positive Grid)
Feb 20, 14:31 CST

Hi King,

Thank you for your reply,

I've just confirmed this with our R&D department that they're indeed working on this issue right now, it seems that Rim contacted our R&D department directly and did not email to our support department first, so that's why I can't find any info in our support database, my apologies.

As for when they will get it fixed,
It really depends because they have many ongoing plans and schedules already, but I was informed that they've made it a high priority.

I'll keep you posted on this,

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,

Mike

Positive Grid Support

http://www.positivegrid.com"
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Trying my best to stay 'Positive' on this - Pun intended.

King

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:58 pm

Perhaps this problem could also be opportunity. Let me explain: since Positive Grid will have to update JamUp to squash the bug, perhaps we can lobby for a guitar/bass tuner to be included with the next update!

Drummonkeyboy

Post by Drummonkeyboy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Also having the same problem. Can't even open a project with Jam Up in to be able to disable the plug-in and work on it with the tracks dry. This is a deal breaker of an issue. I would have no problem re-amping, which is what I would do if I could.

I'd say this is equally an Auria problem (not even being able to open the session) and a Positive Grid problem (the cause of the issue).

I have a deadline of tomorrow for submitting a track. This is completely unacceptable. I'm wasting people's time and I'm being made to look unprofessional. Very, very unhappy.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:15 pm

I can appreciate the frustration, but I'm not sure what I could possibly do. This is strictly a Jam Up issue. Keep in mind that due to the way apps work on iOS, all of Auria's plugins are compiled into Auria, and become part of Auria itself. When you purchase a plugin, you're just enabling that part of code - it's already there. So if a plugin crashes, it brings down all of Auria. It makes no difference if you're inserting Jam Up for the first time, or if Auria is loading a previous project with Jam Up in it. If Jam Up decides to crash, it'll take Auria down with it, and that's what's happening in this case. There's nothing I can do from my end to protect Auria from Jam Up (besides removing it completely from Auria's code). The developers at Positive Grid are apparently still working on fixing this. I checked in with them yesterday.

Rim

Drummonkeyboy

Post by Drummonkeyboy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:09 pm

In that case Rim, it seems you have hit the nail on the head. If Jam Up can completely disable a whole session, then remove it from the code. It doesn't happen with any other plug-in. If they can't get their quality control right and be on the ball with updates, where everyone else can, and it means users can't access their material at all when it goes screwy, that's a massive problem.

I love Auria but I've never had this problem in Pro-Tools or Logic. To not be able to load a song at all for days, that's dreadful.

Sorry but this is an issue that needs sorting sharp. I'm sure you're doing all you can but the thing to do, if you are their main income stream, is cut them out until they've done something about it and given you assurances that it could never happen again because they've committed the resources and skills to it to manage that risk.

King
Expert

Post by King » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Remove them from the code sounds good to me! Even temporally! I Don't see that they are more important than I am, or my work, but I/we are having to suffer. I cant see you removing them, but you have shown that there are options.

This should have been fixed already!!!

What good is it that they - PG - are there (in Auria) at this time.. No Good!

In the past I have been easy with the pace of some critically needed updates from Auria, and I have had to work around it, but this is ridiculous! (Impossible to work around).

Give us an update/fix/option with a customer BIG WARNING! and choice explaining that it will be disable. No one will miss it, because it can't be used right now, also because there is no choice at all except not using Auria.

Rim, I appreciate that you are checking in with PG but...

All plugins should be able to be put on hold, at the moment it feels like a Virus. (Trojan)

Customer is always right, we are your customers.

I have until next Wednesday to present a project, and some deadlines already missed.

This is me still staying positive, believe it or not.

King

Added: Seems myself and the above post were written at the same time, and same energy. (Logical)

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:09 pm

I have a possible workaround for you to try (I can't, luckily I chose THM over JamUp).

Back up everything with iFunBox, then delete and reinstall Auria. But don't, repeat, don't restore your purchases. That will leave some of you with non-pro Auria, nevermind. Use a tool like iFunBox to put back the offending project in your Auria folder and only then try to open it. Since you won't have JamUp enabled, it should open without crashing Auria. Now, solo the track and mixdown the project, selecting "import as new track". Do it for all the tracks that used to have JamUp and then delete all of them. Don't forget to delete all of the JamUp tracks after doing the above mixdown/import as new track process for all of them. Only after deleting them all, restore your purchases.

Again, don't forget to back everything up with iFunBox before trying this, otherwise you'll lose everything. Better be safe than sorry. Good luck. Hope this works, and you don't miss any more deadlines.

Dimitri.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:31 am

I just heard back from Positive Grid, and they said they're working on finishing up some other updates to their products, so it'll be a little while until they have time to work on Auria again. So in the mean time, I've decided to submit a version that completely disables Jam Up for the time being. I should be able to get this submitted to Apple today, so hopefully it'll get approved sometime early next week.

Once they send me a new working version, I'll re-enable it in a future Auria version.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Positive Grid has now decided to stop selling JamUp in Auria altogether. They'll keep supporting existing customers, but it won't be available to new users anymore. They say it's just been too challenging to keep supporting it along with their existing products.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:50 pm

Good news - I was able to code a workaround that makes Jam Up work. I'll be submitting this to Apple today (v2.10).

Rim

King
Expert

Post by King » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:14 pm

Rim wrote:Good news - I was able to code a workaround that makes Jam Up work. I'll be submitting this to Apple today (v2.10).

Rim
Good stuff, look forward to this update.

Cheers,

King

King
Expert

Post by King » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:49 am

Just been looking at the new IAP's for Twin 2 in the store. Whilst I was there I noticed JamUp is not there in the plugins section??

Could this be part of what's happening?

King
Attachments
IMG_0350.JPG
No JamUp...