Out to SampleTank and back

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

rickwaugh
Expert

Out to SampleTank and back

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:21 pm

I have a piece with multiple instruments, I have purchased Miroslav Harmonik 2 in SampleTank, and I'd like to use these new sounds. I can send easily enough to SampleTank. I assume that to mix, I need to go from SampleTank back to an audio track in Auria. I can set up the output fine, it plays, sounds good. But when I try to then use SampleTank as an input on an audio channel, I get a messag saying the plug in is not responding, and I get no recording or signal input on the audio track. Am I don't this correctly? Also, I'm assuming I can do only one track at a time, as there doesn't seem to be a way, as there does with ThumbJam, to send multiple tracks to different instruments. Any thoughts or experience?

Jmcmillan

Re: Out to SampleTank and back

Post by Jmcmillan » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:22 pm

I was having this same problem. Anthony helped me out. Here the post I made about it http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14944

Here is Anthony's YouTube video about it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JhaJ_0mqQdk

I think in this setup, with audio if you want to use Channel strip and effects slots you have to Route back into Auria with bus system.

Also curious what you think of Miroslav 2...been wanting to purchase but still trying Free sample stuff.

rickwaugh
Expert

Re: Out to SampleTank and back

Post by rickwaugh » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Thanks kindly. Just getting started with Miroslav myself. I was mostly happy with just using ThumbJam, and some things in it are very good, but violin for instance was not one of them. Violins sound pretty sweet in Miroslav so far. I'm thinking about getting the two percussion packs as well.

One of the guys in the Notion Facebook group does a lot of stuff where he inputs classical pieces, and writes his own in Notion, then exports the midi to Auria and voices with Miroslav, and that's what made me buy it. That's the 2nd version, not the first. But it sounds pretty darn fine.