Auria Pro is so buggy with Thor and in general

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

K00z0h

Auria Pro is so buggy with Thor and in general

Post by K00z0h » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:53 pm

Even though after an absolutely unnecessary mission, I got with the help of another poster, Thor to play in Auria however:

Auria more often than not freezes on playback.
If leaving and then coming back to Auria later it doesn't play at all.

Auria is starting to see like a waste of money. Over complicated for no apparent reasons except perhaps trying to models apple business plan of keeping customers wanting more.

If there was any way I could get my money back i probably would at this stage, hopefully that will change

Tourniquet
Expert

Re: Auria Pro is so buggy with Thor and in general

Post by Tourniquet » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:31 pm

K00z0h wrote:
Auria is starting to see like a waste of money. Over complicated for no apparent reasons except perhaps trying to models apple business plan of keeping customers wanting more.

If there was any way I could get my money back i probably would at this stage, hopefully that will change
I don't think Auria is anymore over complicated than any other DAW I've tried to use. Learning curve for sure. Bugs are dealt with quickly by a one man show. I have never gotten the feeling from Wave machine lab, trying to "keep customers wanting more"?

Apple has an option to apply for a refund. With in a certain time frame. I wouldn't dream of getting rid of Auria. Thor hasn't been updated since, 2014? I forget. Maybe Thor is the problem?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:02 am

Unfortunately iOS 10 has been a difficult system to adjust to. Many times the audio apps are fine but when new iOS updates occur problems can arise. A team can get to these quicker but unfortunately AuriaPro has only one creator. I personally am thankful that we have such an app on iOS that is so powerful. With so many features comes a bigger learning curve but for basic audio and midi I feel AuriaPro is as easy to use as any other daw. Of course when you want to get into deep mixing and audio manipulation AuriaPro can accomplish this as well as a desktop daw. At the higher level of mixing one has no choice but to become very familiar with thier daw of choice and AuriaPro is no different. I will admit that under iOS 10 I have experienced the most AuriaPro crashes than any other iOS yet, but even so I have always been able to recover quickly and continue working and I have never lost a project yet. Please be patient and certainly if you have serious projects to complete use what you need to to accomplish that and what works for your workflow. Note that the developer is always aware of what is going on and is working hard to correct those issues and any new info you have to share will always help in making AuriaPro a great app. Without specifics we cannot help you with your issue. Good luck.

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Post by ErrkaPetti » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:27 am

Tourniquet wrote:
K00z0h wrote:

I don't think Auria is anymore over complicated than any other DAW I've tried to use. Learning curve for sure. Bugs are dealt with quickly by a one man show. I have never gotten the feeling from Wave machine lab, trying to "keep customers wanting more"?

Apple has an option to apply for a refund. With in a certain time frame. I wouldn't dream of getting rid of Auria. Thor hasn't been updated since, 2014? I forget. Maybe Thor is the problem?
Propellerheads updated Thor Polysonic Synth in june/july 2016...

And, don't give up on Auria Pro - the competitors are worth...
Auria Pro is really Pro... Although I like Cubasis 2.x...

K00z0h

Post by K00z0h » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:22 pm

ErrkaPetti wrote:
Tourniquet wrote:
K00z0h wrote:

Propellerheads updated Thor Polysonic Synth in june/july 2016...

And, don't give up on Auria Pro - the competitors are worth...
Auria Pro is really Pro... Although I like Cubasis 2.x...
It's admirable if it's a one man band and I will stick with it, however what I've wanted to achieve I did in beatmaker with no issues in a matter of second whereas Auria is still not really working. Nevertheless Auria does still interest me

Trentsongs
Expert

Post by Trentsongs » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:10 pm

There are many times that I've wished Auria was a one-stop, do it all application, but I've come to realize that it's just not fair to have such an unreasonable expectation. I see Auria as the "Studio A" of the overall creative complex within my iPad Pro. Auria is my favorite "room" to import all the elements of a project (midi and audio from other apps) and then add vocals, live instruments and sweetening, then mix. The midi capabilities in Auria have been more useful top me during playback than recording/creating. The developer is very respondent to quality issues, but he can't tell you how to create.

In the real world, even with all the resources available here in Chicago, one may have to visit more than one studio, room or creative space in order to complete a project. Then, as has been mentioned, there's the whole Apple and iOS thing...

If Beatmaker worked for you, I'd encourage you to do whatever you have to do to get the job done. Once you learn your way around Auria, it only gets better.