Auria changing timbre (problem solved)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Alumniy

Auria changing timbre (problem solved)

Post by Alumniy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:37 pm

Hey, guys! Yesterday I tried to import a kick sample from AudioCopy and I realized a kind of "attack reduce". Someone knows what's causing that and how to fix it?

Thanks you all.
:)
Last edited by Alumniy on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jmcmillan

Re: Auria changing timbre

Post by Jmcmillan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:26 pm

I haven't noticed this happening to me, but can you say a little more about where the clip came from? You Audio copied it from where? Then you AudioPasted it into Auria?

Did you have any effects or any other settings on the track?

Alumniy

Post by Alumniy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:12 pm

Jmcmillan wrote:I haven't noticed this happening to me, but can you say a little more about where the clip came from? You Audio copied it from where? Then you AudioPasted it into Auria?

Hey, man! So... I bought a sample pack from loopmasters (high quality samples) and all my fx are disabled. I tried to import a kick loop and noticed the problem affects just the first transient. Don't know why :(

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:57 pm

Alumniy wrote:
Jmcmillan wrote:I haven't noticed this happening to me, but can you say a little more about where the clip came from? You Audio copied it from where? Then you AudioPasted it into Auria?

Hey, man! So... I bought a sample pack from loopmasters (high quality samples) and all my fx are disabled. I tried to import a kick loop and noticed the problem affects just the first transient. Don't know why :(

Hi,

Was going to ask for more info. So..

1. Have you tried another loop?

2. Do they/it play ok in other apps?

3. Do you have a compressor or something on the track? >(Channel strip PsP)< ..... "all my fx are disabled"

4. Can you start a 'new project' and import again and see what happens.

5. Do you own AudioShare?

6. Any chance of a screen shot of the sample on the Auria track?

7. Is it every time the sample loop plays or just the first time? Meaning can you duplicate it on the timeline to see if it's an issue at the zero point of the project etc.

Cheers,

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Alumniy

Post by Alumniy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:39 pm

King wrote:
Alumniy wrote:

Hi,

3. Do you have a compressor or something on the track? >(Channel strip PsP)< ..... "all my fx are disabled"

7. Is it every time the sample loop plays or just the first time? Meaning can you duplicate it on the timeline to see if it's an issue at the zero point of the project etc.

Cheers,

King
Hey, King! Thanks for the help.

So...

1. Yes! It happens everytime.

2. Yes! I tried to use in a sampler and sounds normal.

3. Nope! No fx.

4. I tried it too... but Auria still change the first transient.

5. Nope, but I'll tried to import throught that (thank you).

6. Yeah!

7. All the time in any point of the project, but if I load a loop, just the firsy transient lose the "punch"...

Thank You!

Alumniy

Post by Alumniy » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 pm

King wrote:
Alumniy wrote:

Hi,

Cheers,

King
https://postimg.org/image/usnaf86vz/

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:50 pm

Hello try to use it
Menu/settings/Editor/Auto-Crosfade /Enable or Disable

King
Expert

Post by King » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:01 am

Denzkps wrote:Hello try to use it
Menu/settings/Editor/Auto-Crosfade /Enable or Disable

Good call @Denzkps. ^^ I see you've had this issue.. maybe.

Yes if you disable it @Alumniy that should do the trick.

However this will only affect the first transient of the first loop. All others should play as normal.

Question (7). When you say 'any point', do you mean when you place the loop in a different part of the track?
If so, still try the sample but duplicate it a few times and see what happens (with Auto-Crossfade enabled).
You could also just reduce the 'Time (ms):' for the Auto-Crossfade, instead of fully disabling it.

I vaguely remember coming across something like this, don't remember what I did (must have just compressed it).

King

Added: just took a look and copied from the manual:

"Auto-Crossfade - When enabled Auria will automatically fade regions in and out, unless two regions are snapped back-to-back. Use the Time (ms) box to change the default length of the Auto-Crossfade."

This is all good to know! Explains a few things!
A loop/s by its self a few bars in will fade the transient, but put them back to back (no space before it/them) and, well well..

Ok, my brain is satisfied with it now. :D

Each one teach one ;)

P.S the back-to-back works even if a muted region is added before the loop. <-- That may come in useful to know.
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Alumniy

Post by Alumniy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:33 am

Denzkps/King, you guys are fu**** genious! I changed the auto-crossfader and now it's normal!

Thank you!!

Trancespotter
Expert

Re: Auria changing timbre (problem solved)

Post by Trancespotter » Fri May 17, 2019 9:24 am

I had this same problem using a psytrance kick sample from a G-sonique sample pack. Turning off crossfade did the trick so now I can hear the punchy kick transient. However, when I look at the waveform of the kick it seems like Auria Pro adds on extra noise. Here is the waveform of the kick right after I drag it from iCloud into AP:
A588073A-ED2B-4FD2-BD84-FBEB9C89319F.jpeg
I can hear that extra part bracketed in blue as just noise. However, when I close AP and then re-open it, that extra noise goes away and the kick sounds fine:
1FF2C0FA-BF8E-4A9A-B887-15847E08DEBB.png
I’ve tried this with other kick samples from different sample packs with the same results. Sometimes there’s a visible spike in the waveform that’s added, other times I need to zoom into the waveform and then I see spikes. Either way, when played, that extra piece just sound like noise.

Sort of related to AP but moreso to iOS as a whole, I’ve also noticed that when I play a sample in iCloud, I can hear the transient the very first time, but if I keep clicking play then the 2nd time and onward the transient does not play. I have to close the sample window and re-open it to play properly.

It seems like iOS compresses the first loud sound of it anything it hears, so if I’m in AP and I set the playhead at the loud part of a song, then the volume fades in quickly rather than just being loud as the song should be (I.e. if the playhead is set at a crash cymbal, then the crash quickly fades in rather than be at its full volume).

Obviously, the workaround for this is to restart AP when I first import samples, but is the AP team aware of this and is there anything y’all can do about it?

Thanks.

EDIT: Right after posting the above, I exported the kick sample, which was sounding correct with the punchy transient, into Lyra by clicking the the sample and going to Edit->Share->Export to Lyra. When I went into Lyra and tapped the kick, the transient was chopped off again! :x

Restarting didn’t help either. Any suggestions?

Espiegel123
Expert

Post by Espiegel123 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 am

AP sometimes creates events when importing that are twice as long as the underlying file. If you drag to shorten the event, It will snap to the correct length.

Trancespotter wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:24 am
I had this same problem using a psytrance kick sample from a G-sonique sample pack. Turning off crossfade did the trick so now I can hear the punchy kick transient. However, when I look at the waveform of the kick it seems like Auria Pro adds on extra noise. Here is the waveform of the kick right after I drag it from iCloud into AP:

A588073A-ED2B-4FD2-BD84-FBEB9C89319F.jpeg

I can hear that extra part bracketed in blue as just noise. However, when I close AP and then re-open it, that extra noise goes a

way and the kick sounds fine:

1FF2C0FA-BF8E-4A9A-B887-15847E08DEBB.png

I’ve tried this with other kick samples from different sample packs with the same results. Sometimes there’s a visible spike in the waveform that’s added, other times I need to zoom into the waveform and then I see spikes. Either way, when played, that extra piece just sound like noise.

Sort of related to AP but moreso to iOS as a whole, I’ve also noticed that when I play a sample in iCloud, I can hear the transient the very first time, but if I keep clicking play then the 2nd time and onward the transient does not play. I have to close the sample window and re-open it to play properly.

It seems like iOS compresses the first loud sound of it anything it hears, so if I’m in AP and I set the playhead at the loud part of a song, then the volume fades in quickly rather than just being loud as the song should be (I.e. if the playhead is set at a crash cymbal, then the crash quickly fades in rather than be at its full volume).

Obviously, the workaround for this is to restart AP when I first import samples, but is the AP team aware of this and is there anything y’all can do about it?

Thanks.

EDIT: Right after posting the above, I exported the kick sample, which was sounding correct with the punchy transient, into Lyra by clicking the the sample and going to Edit->Share->Export to Lyra. When I went into Lyra and tapped the kick, the transient was chopped off again! :x

Restarting didn’t help either. Any suggestions?

Trancespotter
Expert

Post by Trancespotter » Fri May 17, 2019 11:08 am

Thank you Espiegel!

Any idea on the Lyra issue? When I import the corrected sample into Lyra and write MIDI notes on C3 the transient is still cut off.