External USB Storage Limits?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

audiohub

External USB Storage Limits?

Post by audiohub » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:30 am

If I'm using an external USB storage device, what's the limit on a zipped project file that can be transferred to such a device?
I just recently bought a Hootoo 64MB USB storage device to transfer projects between my IPad Air and IPad Pro ,both running Auria Pro on 9.3.5. Everything was working well until they recently upgraded their storage App IPlugmate to version 1.0.48. I upgraded the Pro first, and now any project 200 MB or larger can't be shared and transferred to the Auria app, generating an error message that the file is too large to transfer. Things still work fine on the Air, which has their earlier software 1.0.42.
After initially claiming that there was no change to the software that would cause this, they have now realized that there is a problem, and I'm waiting to get an upgrade to see if that will fix things.

Rim, I'm wondering if there is an inherent IOS limit on the size of a project that can be transferred in this way, and if so, what is it? The customer service rep at Hootoo thought that a 2GB file would be the largest file that could be transferred. This seems very low.

I'm also curious what USB devices others are using, and how things are working for them with storage apps other than IPlugmate, which seems to be used for a number of products. Maybe I should be considering using something else, like Leef or Sandisk???

sodium
Expert

Re: External USB Storage Limits?

Post by sodium » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:56 am

Im using 128gb Sandisk IXpand. Projects from 780mb to 32 gb happily onboard.
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."