Auria Automation Editing (Resolved)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

skiphunt

Auria Automation Editing (Resolved)

Post by skiphunt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:17 am

I've been playing with writing automation of my mix levels and panning, etc. while playing back my tracks. Is there an easy way to just wipe out the automation I just wrote and start over clean? The manual says to simple write over it by just doing it again or editing/deleting each point, but im wondering it I can just delete the whole automated session and start over, or write a second session in addition to the the first session?

I've tried writing over, but I'm fighting against the originally written automation while trying to rewrite.

I bet it's something very simple. That's been my experience so far. Many functions that I thought were intimidating and complex before, turned out to be very easy to grasp and use. I've found most of the UI design of this app is really very straightforward once you get the "gist" of the general app syntax.

This one thing is bothering me though.

I'm hoping there are two easy functions for the automation you've written to a given track. Though it may be more complicated than I'm assuming.

I'd like to be able to delete/undo the complete automated session after I've completed it, and not have to delete it point-by-point. And, I'd like to save my first automation session on the track, name it. Then take another stab at automating the same track and name the second attempt.. then A/B each automated session to pick which I want to keep and/or edit.

This may be too complicated since you could have one automated session for a track that was just for your Fab Filter ProQ2 instance. Another automated session for your Turnado instance. And another automated session for your mix levels and panning that's could be applied to a couple of tracks simultaneously.
Last edited by skiphunt on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Auria Automation Editing

Post by Rim » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:25 am

Yes, there's an easy way to delete automation. Just draw a highlight around it and press the delete icon. Or, you can delete all automation on a track by selecting a track and choosing "delete automation on track" from the delete submenu.

Rim

skiphunt

Post by skiphunt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:34 am

Last edited by skiphunt on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skiphunt

Post by skiphunt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:38 am

Last edited by skiphunt on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skiphunt

Post by skiphunt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:03 pm

Rim wrote:Yes, there's an easy way to delete automation. Just draw a highlight around it and press the delete icon. Or, you can delete all automation on a track by selecting a track and choosing "delete automation on track" from the delete submenu.

Rim
Never mind. I got it. Wasn't "highlighting" first.

One more question though... after I've written parameter automation for plugins like Turnado, WOW2, etc. how do I get to the automation to delete or edit? Is the parameter automation when using the R/W buttons, written within the plugin itself?

Thank you!

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:22 pm

"One more question though... after I've written parameter automation for plugins like Turnado, WOW2, etc. how do I get to the automation to delete or edit? Is the parameter automation when using the R/W buttons, written within the plugin itself?"

On the track (far left) you will see either 'Audio' or 'MIDI' depending on the type of track. Tap this dropdown to reveal all automation. The ones you have automated will be a different colour, for fast scrolling.
You need to vertical zoom-in enough to see the dropdown.

Enjoy!

King
Last edited by King on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

skiphunt

Post by skiphunt » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:31 pm

King wrote:"One more question though... after I've written parameter automation for plugins like Turnado, WOW2, etc. how do I get to the automation to delete or edit? Is the parameter automation when using the R/W buttons, written within the plugin itself?"

On the track (far left) you will see either 'Audio' or 'MIDI' depending on the type of track. Tap this dropdown to reveal all automation. The ones you have automated will be a different colour, for fast scrolling.
You need to zoom in enough to see the dropdown.

Enjoy!

King

Thanks!!! I didn't know that window was scrollable. Scrolled down to find all my automation. Cheers!

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:37 pm

Yeah Auria/Pro has so much too it, it will take a goooooood while to know it, and then you'll still be learning something new, and then a new feature will be added, and then, well, .. strength to strength, more n more ;)

Great iDaw - That's 4Sure!

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

caspergomezkg

Re: Auria Automation Editing (Resolved)

Post by caspergomezkg » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Could someone explain where the Automation editor is located for Subgroups?
I know where it is for individual tracks, but can't imagine where the Subgroup dropdown is?

Thanks!
Casper

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:35 pm

There's an option in the menu for showing the master and subgroup tracks on the editor. Once you choose that, you should see them below the other tracks.

Rim

caspergomezkg

Post by caspergomezkg » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:39 pm

You rock, brother!! Thanks for the quick reply!!