Changing Tempo of Audio Files

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Dawkins20

Changing Tempo of Audio Files

Post by Dawkins20 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:34 pm

Hello. I am pretty new to Auria and learning how best to use IOS apps. So this may be a simple question, but please bear with me. I am trying to make remixes with acapellas by adding beats with various IAA apps. The vocal files are either ITunes files or audio files from vinyl recorded from my turntable. When I change the project tempo, the tempo of the vocal files, whether ITunes or recorded, does not change to match the project tempo. When I record a second audio or a MIDI track, I cannot get the tempo of that track to match the tempo of the vocal track.
I guess my main questions are (1) how do you change the tempo of an ITunes file and/or a recording to match the project tempo and (2) how do I get all the tracks in one project to have the same tempo? My goal is to make remixes with accappellas and getting the tempo of the vocal track to match the project tempo is key. Thanks so much for any responses.

King
Expert

Re: Changing Tempo of Audio Files

Post by King » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:01 am

"(1) how do you change the tempo of an ITunes file and/or a recording to match the project tempo and
(2) how do I get all the tracks in one project to have the same tempo?"

Hey Dawkins20,

This could take 'some' to explain!
I could upload some screen shot, but for me it's a bit of a chore, as I have to convert them for Auria forum. But if you need any specific ones, I will.

So firstly I would suggest you establish what you want to use for tempo. Either the tempo of the Acapella or the other music (Drums etc).
If your happy with the Acapella as the tempo (for example) start with that, and get Auria to play along with it. In the 'Time settings' (top left in/of the edit window) you can use 'Tap' tempo to get you started.

Changing the tempo in Auria/Pro will not change the tempo/speed of 'Audio' tracks - like you can in 'AUM' for example,
not yet anyway!

"Any region can be time stretched by simply dragging its handle, using two fingers instead of the usual one, until
the region reaches the new desired length."

To save a little time (for me here) look at this:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/auria.store/do ... pdf#page64

---------------------

This info should be the beginning of your help, and maybe solve the whole thing. :) Hope it helps in some way!

Ask more, if not sure!

King

P.S there are many ways to do what your asking, finding tempos, matching tempos etc. Which is why I prefer if you ask more if you need to.
Then I/we can see where you are after the above info, and continue from there etc etc etc..
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

Dawkins20

Re: Changing Tempo of Audio Files

Post by Dawkins20 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:51 pm

Thanks so much. You answered the first question, which is whether Auria Pro automatically changes the tempo of audio files when changing the project tempo. I will try what you have suggested and reply with more questions, which I will most likely have. Thanks again!