Improvments to the new onboard keyboard/keypad window...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Improvments to the new onboard keyboard/keypad window...

Post by ErrkaPetti » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:36 pm

We are really glad that we had this new global keyboard in version 2.06 together with support for AUXv3...

But, there's room for more improvements still...

First, I really wants Auria Pro to remember the global keyboards placement when reopen it...
As it is now the screen keyboard is placed center of the screen... Not pleased with that...

Second, it would be nice add a third function to the global together with keyboard/keypad, and that should be an chord window with ability to build up own chord with adjustable velocity to every single key in the chord (just like the amazing app ChordPolyPad)...

Third wish is an arpeggiator function to the global keyboard!

Auria Pro is probably (together with Korg Gadget) the most advanced software to our beloved iPad... Thanks to the team behind all this incredible hard work!

theconnactic
Expert

Re: Improvments to the new onboard keyboard/keypad window...

Post by theconnactic » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:37 pm

The chord window would really be nice. I don't ChordPad, but Garageband for iOS has a pretty elegant solution for this.

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Post by ErrkaPetti » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:19 pm

theconnactic wrote:The chord window would really be nice. I don't ChordPad, but Garageband for iOS has a pretty elegant solution for this.
ChordPolyPad is really nice, and something to recommend to everyone...

But it should be nice to have the same of UI and functions internal into Auria Pro...

Both different velocity to every key pressed in an chord, and, the strumming possibility with adjustable time between every note in the chord would certainly be supernice to have baked in into this marvelous DAW Auria Pro...

Why not make this kind of extension to an IAP so the company Wavemachine Labs could earn some extra cash for that work?

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:22 am

I would also like an option for the sustain key to be toggled on and off. I understand it's meant to be used as a temporary switch, like a sustain pedal, but when you are playing on screen (which is what you do with an on-screen keyboard after all), it isn't really practical to keep a finger on the sustain button while you are trying to play the keys at the same time.

Having the option to latch or toggle the sustain would be really useful. For example the Salamander Grand sounds so much better with the sustain key on.