Drumperfect Pro and Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Aeron
Expert

Drumperfect Pro and Auria

Post by Aeron » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Been using midi to trigger DPP and pulling each individual drum into an audio track via IAA. As soon as i start recording the individual parts, the audio tracks (mono) convert to stereo tracks. I don't want stereo so have to convert each one afterwards by mix down.

Is there a way to keep the tracks as mono and avoid having to do a mix down stage to get them back to mono?

Savage1969

Re: Drumperfect Pro and Auria

Post by Savage1969 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:59 pm

I'm having a similar issue recording direct audio. Empty project, insert mono track, record with no FX in ChannelStrip and get a mono track but do the same with an effect inserted in ChannelStrip and your mono track becomes a stereo track with your dry audio recorded on left, null wave (nothing) on right.

Have you tried recording to a track with no effect inserts in ChannelStrip? We may be having same issue, odd behavior.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:11 pm

Aeron wrote:Been using midi to trigger DPP and pulling each individual drum into an audio track via IAA. As soon as i start recording the individual parts, the audio tracks (mono) convert to stereo tracks. I don't want stereo so have to convert each one afterwards by mix down.

Is there a way to keep the tracks as mono and avoid having to do a mix down stage to get them back to mono?
When using IAA as a plugin the audio file is always in stereo. Not the best situation but that is how IAA was set up to work so even a mono synth will be in stereo so a mixdown to mono is needed like you said. Cheers

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Savage1969 wrote:I'm having a similar issue recording direct audio. Empty project, insert mono track, record with no FX in ChannelStrip and get a mono track but do the same with an effect inserted in ChannelStrip and your mono track becomes a stereo track with your dry audio recorded on left, null wave (nothing) on right.

Have you tried recording to a track with no effect inserts in ChannelStrip? We may be having same issue, odd behavior.
If you insert a stereo plugin onto a mono track it will change the track to stereo. FabFilter offers both mono and stereo versions on the dropdown list. This is so you can take a mono guitar and apply it to a stereo effect and have the stereo of the plugin be heard on the mono signal. So if you don't want this to happen, simply choose the mono version of the Fabfilter plugin. If its interapp then thats another story. Cheers.

Aeron
Expert

Post by Aeron » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:18 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Aeron wrote:Been using midi to trigger DPP and pulling each individual drum into an audio track via IAA. As soon as i start recording the individual parts, the audio tracks (mono) convert to stereo tracks. I don't want stereo so have to convert each one afterwards by mix down.

When using IAA as a plugin the audio file is always in stereo. Not the best situation but that is how IAA was set up to work so even a mono synth will be in stereo so a mixdown to mono is needed like you said. Cheers
Thanks, was afraid that was the case so tend not to bother now and mix the drums in DPP directly from the midi track, just can't add individual EQ to the kit parts then.

Savage1969

Post by Savage1969 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:33 pm

In my case, yes, it's with IAA inserts. Odd though, doesn't happen in other ipad DAWs (that shall remain nameless out of respect). Bouncing the changed left-only dry audio from stereo track to a new mono track and deleting the original is a slight workflow hiccup but I'll figure out the flow. Thanks for quick reply to both our issues.