Midi drum pattern resources

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Lonelypunk
Expert

Midi drum pattern resources

Post by Lonelypunk » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi people. Can anyone help me please, I'm trying to find an app or library where I can download and import midi drum patterns into auria which I can then edit and use with my own choice of sounds/kit etc in Lyra. I know it's lazy not starting from scratch but for workflow on my pc (no longer working so I've joined the iOS exodus) I like to drag in a midi loop to use with my sampler and then get bass lines rhythm track ideas down before going back to fine tuning the drums programming.

I've been looking around but everything seems to be audio loops but I'm after a source for midi patterns if anyone can help please? I don't mind paying for an IAP or other app if it has the goods...

Cheers :-)

steve_da_bass

Re: Midi drum pattern resources

Post by steve_da_bass » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:42 am

I wanted the same thing, and ended up with a midi drum pack from groovemonkee.com for around £15. A couple of the drums weren't mapped appropriately for Lyra, but I contacted them and Russ did a mapping for me in next to no time. The samples were cool too. I'll be using them again :)

Lonelypunk
Expert

Post by Lonelypunk » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:29 am

Cheers Steve. I actually downloaded the free groove monkey pack a few days ago but I couldn't find away to unzip the file and get it into auria. Did you have to use a pc once you'd downloaded them or did you manage to do it all on your iPad?

steve_da_bass

Post by steve_da_bass » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:06 pm

Lonelypunk wrote:Cheers Steve. I actually downloaded the free groove monkey pack a few days ago but I couldn't find away to unzip the file and get it into auria. Did you have to use a pc once you'd downloaded them or did you manage to do it all on your iPad?
No probs,

yeh I used a pc to unzip them before uploading to dropbox for import into Auria