The new AU plugin integration is Awesome!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

The new AU plugin integration is Awesome!

Post by mtingle » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:17 am

Having projects save the state of plugins and being able to use multiple instances makes all the difference :)

I hope this is the beginning of some of the big names in plugins making the move to iOS, that would be very cool indeed.

theconnactic
Expert

Re: The new AU plugin integration is Awesome!

Post by theconnactic » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:28 pm

I already asked Celemony in their Facebook page, and they apparently want nothing to do with iOS for now. I understand them: the most basic, crippled version of Melodyne 4 costs 100 bucks, and the full combo is almost 900 dollars. I am lucky to have a great tuning correction tool included in Logic (Flex Pitch), which costs only $200 for the whole shebang, but I'd gladly buy their $100 low-end model if and when they ported it to iOS, to be able to work completely free from a Mac/PC.

realdavidai

Post by realdavidai » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:42 am

Do you think FlexPitch could be eventually be a native feature of Auria? maybe 3.0?
This would redefine the term "Gamechanger"

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Indeed! Even the most basic pitch correction, akin to early Melodyne's, would be huge! I think it's up to the company that makes Élastique V3 (zplane), not Rim himself, to implement this.

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 am

Since I'm not a fan of AutoTune & pitch correction and my music doesn't call for it (indie/Rock), the lack of one and ReTunes uselessness isn't so much of a big deal. Would I like a pitch correction app in my iOS music production toolkit? Sure, if it was affordable and good quality I'd like the option if a collaborator or someone in my studio wanted to use it as an effect or to tune a vocal. Just not a deal breaker.

The other AU apps that have been coming to iOS over the last year are great to be able to use in their full capacity. It's so cool to have multiple instances of effects and instruments in a project. It has made Aurio Pro even more like ProTools for iOS than it was already. Great job Rim.
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

King
Expert

Post by King » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:28 am

It's one of those weird ones! The feeling I get from using AU,s in Auria feels like they have been there for years. I guess that's down to the other plugins, 'FF, PSP, Sugar Bytes' etc.. but the door is now wide open, and I look forward to a few more AU's/plugins, one being Fabfilter Pro R.

But the other feeling I get is Wow! Great! Smashing! Super :D
A feeling that iPad/Auria has somewhat caught up with (and in some ways passed) 'some' of my current abilities and desires.

Some money has been spent to get there/here, but it was a gradual spending and well worth it.

The AU update (to me) was Auria's biggest since MIDI/Pro. (1 year next month).

I feel that more features are on the agenda from now, side by side with bug squashing. :)

WML's.. strength to strength!

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________