MIDI Editor

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrdizzyfingers
Expert

MIDI Editor

Post by mrdizzyfingers » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:24 pm

I've been having a weird problem with the midi editor. I was doing a drum program using several instances of Lyra. The drum samples were imported from the EXS, the studio toolkit to be exact. I'm sequencing one drum sound per track: kick on track one, snare on track two, hi hats on track three and so forth. After listening to the groove, I warned to make some adjustments to the snare sequence. I adjusted some of the velocities to simulate ghost notes. When I played back some of the kick drums were missing. I went back to the clip containing the kick drum sequence to add the missing parts. When I played back, some of the snare drum sequence was missing. There should be no way that one should be affecting the other because they are on separate tracks. I'm using 1st generation iPad Air 128 gig running iOS 9.3.5.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: MIDI Editor

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:34 am

You mentenioned several midi tracks open with some imported drum samples. My guess is that you were low in memory on the Air1. How many open midi tracks are running and audio streaming at the same time will affect the streaming performance due to low memory. The best way to control this problem is to freeze the midi track. I wouldnt recomend more than 4 unfrozen midi tracks running at the same time with an Air1. Cheers

mrdizzyfingers
Expert

Post by mrdizzyfingers » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:51 pm

I don't think it's an issue with the memory. I had the same issue on another project with random notes from the bass patch disappearing. I created a new project and imported the midi file of that bass line. I created just one track: the same bass patch I was having the issue with. That patch is only 30mb. Random notes were dropping out.

mrdizzyfingers
Expert

Post by mrdizzyfingers » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:04 pm

Ok, there is definitely a bug. I tried everything from using different Lyra patches, different internal synths via audio unit and IAA, and even used a hardware synth for my sound source. Every time there were notes dropping out.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:15 am

mrdizzyfingers wrote:Ok, there is definitely a bug. I tried everything from using different Lyra patches, different internal synths via audio unit and IAA, and even used a hardware synth for my sound source. Every time there were notes dropping out.
I will investigate this problem and report back my findings. Cheers