Midi With Drums XD, How??? Just wont work as expected.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrcashback

Midi With Drums XD, How??? Just wont work as expected.

Post by mrcashback » Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:47 pm

So I've hit a wall trying to make this work.

I have drums xd running as an input in audiobus and outputting to an armed track in auria, and I can hear the drums playing, so, audio works, first check.

I have a midi track with instrument turned off, drums xd does not show in the interapp list.
If I click "fx",
port is set to "All"
Input is "drums xd"
Output is "drums xd"

"Drums XD" also shows in the "chanel strip" inputs section of the fx window, but is not selected, and trying to select it it just says "not found" after giving an error.

The midi settings are set to send and recieve notes for "network session 1" and for "drums XD"

In drums xd, ive mapped all my drum components to individual midi notes (which i eventually discovered worked once i changed the base octave to -2 within auria)
I have channel 1 selected for both input and output of midi aswell as "use velocity" i have no idea what "omni" or "net session" do

Now, it PARTLY works...
I CAN use the note editor within auria to trigger drums xd.
I CANT get it to trigger more tan one drum at a time... if i write in say a kick and crash at the same time, it only plays the note i wrote first
I also CANT get it to record midi notes into auria by playing the drums from within drums xd

Any ideas, at all? Im totally new to auria pro and pulling my hair out

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Midi With Drums XD, How??? Just wont work as expected.

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:17 am

I've created a video for you to see how this is done. The problem is with the app DrumsXD. If you noticed you cant get DrumsXD to select Auria in the midi drop down settings that show the various apps connected. Although Auria shows up you cant select it. So this video demonstrates how you get around this. With the new floating midi controler this has become possible to control apps that don't send out midi data to AuriaPro very well. You don't need Audiobus to do this but you could if you needed to. Cheers and good luck.
Here is the link.

https://youtu.be/bwKmvEUwpPo