inter-app drum machine

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

jimhenry
Expert

inter-app drum machine

Post by jimhenry » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:53 pm

hi-

i have an inter-app drum machine called Supermetronome. it is listed in the "inserts" section along with reverb, eq, delay, chorus, etc, as well as other interapps i have purchased. the other interapps open open fine. Supermetronome gives me this message every time i try to open it:

"there was an error loading the inter-app plugin: Supermetronome
if this problem persists, we recommend opening the app separately from the home screen, closing it, then trying again."

i tried this several times to no avail. a friend of mine has the same app and it works ok for him.

any suggestions?

thinds
Expert

Re: inter-app drum machine

Post by thinds » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:21 pm

I don't have that particular app, but have had the same issues with several others. Usually opening the app first then adding into Auria will work.

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:45 am

thanks for the reply. not sure what you mean by addinginto auria. the app appears in the insert section along with the other plug ins...i didn't have to add it.

i did try opening the app first then trying to open it in auria...still no luck.

thinds
Expert

Post by thinds » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:22 am

jimhenry wrote:thanks for the reply. not sure what you mean by addinginto auria. the app appears in the insert section along with the other plug ins...i didn't have to add it.

i did try opening the app first then trying to open it in auria...still no luck.
By adding in, I just meant via the insert strip. All I can suggest is to close Auria, open the drum app then launch Auria and see if it will insert correctly then.

You could also try changing the project buffer size in Auria.

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:14 pm

thanks again for the reply-

i tried increasing the buffer size as well as shutting down auria, opening Supermetronome, opening auria, but i still get the same error message.

also, when it gives me the error message, the channel goes into record mode without me pressing the record button. it just does it automatically. perhaps this is a clue?

thinds
Expert

Post by thinds » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:13 pm

jimhenry wrote:thanks again for the reply-

i tried increasing the buffer size as well as shutting down auria, opening Supermetronome, opening auria, but i still get the same error message.

also, when it gives me the error message, the channel goes into record mode without me pressing the record button. it just does it automatically. perhaps this is a clue?
Going into record mode is normal as that channel will default to mic input. As to why Supermetronome won't load, I don't have any further ideas, hopefully someone else can chip in if they own the app.

What iOS are you on?

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:19 pm

Just a quick note (late for bed!): this app is from the same stable as Rock Drum Machine 3, Funk Drummer, Soft Drummer, etc. I don't have SuperMetronome but I do have the others. They're all problematic with IAA but not only with Auria (e.g. Cubasis and even AUM too). I think there are issues with their IAA implementation (for instance, their IAA transport control panel is rudimentary).

You may have more success using AudioBus as a go-between, rather than IAA directly. It's worth a try, assuming you already have AB :)

jimhenry
Expert

Post by jimhenry » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:05 pm

thanks guys- really appreciate the feedback. audiobus didn't work either. i got a refund from apple for the app.

you guys were helpful...thanks, jh