New Faderport8 Mixer controller !

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

amahdigital
Expert

New Faderport8 Mixer controller !

Post by amahdigital » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi everyone just seen this online- Will this work with Auria pro ?

Says it's also Hui compatible - so maybe as new generation version ...

What are your thoughts? Image

Iam currently using original faderport with Auria pro which works fine -very smooth

http://www.presonus.com/products/FaderP ... C5_zTJBilE

http://www.presonus.com/products/FaderPort-8

AndyE
Expert

Re: New Faderport8 Mixer controller !

Post by AndyE » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:06 pm

That looks so cool. If it's HUI, it should work. If only it was 16 tracks......or 24 tracks. :)

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:13 pm

At £469, think I'll stick with my Korg Nanokontrol2.

stromberg-carlson
Expert

looks great

Post by stromberg-carlson » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:44 pm

but seems a big for portable/travel in my opinjion.

this is where the nanokontrol studio and key come in handy. i can toss them in a bag and rolle like esther :wink: , but this seems a bit bulky.

build quality looks nice too.

pjackman

Post by pjackman » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:34 pm

The original question does not appear to have been answered: "Will this work with Auria pro?"

And if it does, are there any tricks to get it working? Also are there any substantial features of the "8" that are not available in Auria.

Thanks!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:31 pm

Yes you can use this with Auria as it comunicates both in HUI and Mackie Control and Auria uses that same code for it's surface controler. You won't likely get more control than the original Mackie MCU Pro that I use but you could concievably get all of the same control that I get now and Rim is working hard at making this code work even better in Auria. And who knows you could get more control than the MCU Pro.
Heres what to expect.

Automated moving faders in both directions
Full transport control
Pan in both directions,R/W automation,channel select in banks of 1or 8, edit page and mixer page select
Channel plugin callup and put away
Full channel plugin control of all plugin parameters
Full control of PsP channel strip parameter control and close channel strio ( open PsP channel strip currently not working properly ).
Channel names
VU meters

There is even more that can come in the future like scrub, plugin selection,create a track,delete a track,zoom,scroll and so much more. Basically in theory we should be able to do everything you can in LogicPro but this is not the case yet. Much more work will have to be done to Auria's mackie/hui code to get those functions and in time we may.

For the money this looks like a great tool for Auria as I still have and use my original FaderPort outside of the studio because of it's portability. I have great confidence in Presonus' products as I've never had an issue with my FaderPort and they use the same high quality 100mm Alps fader with 1024 step precision as my Mackie MCU Pro. So I'm getting one as a spare as I think it looks great. Cheers and happy shopping

pjackman

Post by pjackman » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:09 am

Thanks very much for this helpful reply, Anthony.

I am recording to my iPad with an RME UFX and Octamic. All mixes to date have been via the iPad's touch screen which I find a bit awkward as I've come to this with an analog audio background. I find the Faderport8 attractive as I'd love to put my fingers on real faders again.

I am using the camera connector and USB to the UFX for iPad mixing playback as well as recording. I don't understand how I can also connect this Presonus control surface to the iPad. What's the trick?

Patrick.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:46 am

To get multiple usb devices working together in Auria you simply use a powered usb hub available pretty much everywhere and afordable. Powered means it comes with a power supply so that the iPad doesnt have to provide power to the usb hub. I have a 10 input powered usb hub connected to my iPad and all inputs are full and I never have a problem.
So you connect everything usb that you have including your audio interface into the usb hub. Connect the main connection of the usb hub to the CCK kit. Use a usb 3.0 hub that also accepts usb 2.0 . Cheers.

pjackman

Post by pjackman » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:24 am

Got it! Much appreciated, Anthony.