Monster effect

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Markie4eyezz
Expert

Monster effect

Post by Markie4eyezz » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:13 am

Hey all

In easiest of terms how do I put a monster sounding effect on my voice
the vocals are on separate tracks from the beat and I want to keep it all in time
Maybe pitch the vocal down by half.

Is it possible to do so in Auria pro if so how ? (Please don't get too technical I'm a very simple man).
Is that what that time warping thingy thing does ?
If not can anyone recommend a app that may do so.

Thanks in advance

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Monster effect

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:33 am

Here you would use AuriaPro's audio pitch transpose. Smply tap the audio waveform that you wish to transpose and choose Pitch under the PROCESS MENU and transpose the audio down -12 which equals one octave down from the original. If you need to go further down just repeat the process again on the same waveform. Remember that pitching the audio down will increase the audio level and add bottom frequencies that may become too boomy so you may have to apply a low cut filter in the channels PsP EQ or any other eq you wish to use as well as lowering the gain of the wavefile under the PROCESS MENU. This process does not affect the timing of the audio just the Pitch. If you need to adjust timing you would use the TIME STRETCHING FEATURE which does not affect pitch just timing. So thats the difference between these two. I's hard not to be technical in describing the most technically advanced daw on iOS but I think this is as clear as I can make it. Please refer to the AuriaPro users manual if you need more details on these features. Cheers and good luck.

Markie4eyezz
Expert

Re: Monster effect

Post by Markie4eyezz » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Thank you
Makes sense I will give it go
Thanks again