midi program(mer)?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mollybloom
Expert

midi program(mer)?

Post by mollybloom » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:18 am

Hey All,

I have encountered some problems when using the pianoroll/midi-editor in Auria with third-party synths (mostly Thor,) and I was wondering whether a program exists that is purely a midieditor that would run Thor (or other synths) from which the audio could be sent into Auria or other DAWs?

Cheers!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: midi program(mer)?

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:19 pm

here is a link to my Youtube channel of a video I just posted to help you and others with this problem. I hope this helps you. The video is how you do this in Auria Pro. You have the most powerful midi editor in iOS , thats Auria Pro. Cheers.

https://youtu.be/426lPXbdVLo

mollybloom
Expert

Post by mollybloom » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:45 am

Thx so much, ill surely take a look at that! Since it sounds like you know your way around this midi/auria-stuff, perhaps you can help me with another issue: when i have a track with several "blocks" of midi (i.e. different sections, either due to me just duplicating one section to fill out the whole track or me creating an entirely new block) the midi goes out of sync between when it shifts from one block to the next; i can literally hear a little disturbance in the sound. Is there something to do about this? Thanks again!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:09 pm

Thats an interesting problem your having. I will have to run some tests. Much more info is required on your part to do this with any success. Best to private email me through the forum with your details. There are many factors when it comes to midi and iOS. Here are just a few.
This could be caused by a patch in the synth, example. less attack or long release can affect the re-triggering of a synth.
Low memory, a real killer in midi iOS intergration.
How you have the midi app inserted, ie. Is it IAA? Or Midi instrument?
How many midi tracks are playing with live, not frozen?
Are the tracks frozen..
Have you Quantized the midi? Or any section of the midi?

And the list goes on. So by providing some in depth detail it is almost impossible to repeat your problem as my basic tests did not reveal this problem at all. Let me know whats up. Cheers and good luck.