Why has my Auria Pro reverted back to standard Auria?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

AndyE
Expert

Why has my Auria Pro reverted back to standard Auria?

Post by AndyE » Sat Aug 06, 2016 5:36 pm

This is the second time this has happened to me and I'm furious. I upgraded to Auria Pro the day it was released and have enjoyed using the midi functions and Lyra etc since then. I'm now deep into a project and it was all going great. Took a break and came back to it just now. Switched back on to be greeted with a pop up telling me that I need to upgrade to Auria Pro......WTF?
My projects are still listed as files but won't load as I apparently don't have Auria Pro anymore. This very same thing happened to me on another iPad but I was fortunate to not have anything important on it. But I have two songs on this Air2 that I've worked a long time on. What should I do? Why has my Auria Pro reverted back to standard Auria. If I try to upgrade again will I lose my songs and my midi data?

supanorton
Expert

Re: Why has my Auria Pro reverted back to standard Auria?

Post by supanorton » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:33 pm

I'd be willing to bet that a restore purchases tap will take care of it, but why is it happening in the first place? Really strange and disconcerting. I hope the restore purchases works.

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:52 am

Thanks for your reply. You're correct, a restore purchases fixed the issue. Got help over at Audiobus forum from a chap named Proppa. But as I said in my post, it's the second time it's happened and I was panicking this time. I can only imagine how nervous I would be if I was working on an album ( like your excellent 'Thinking makes it so' ).
I'd love to know why it's happening that's for sure. I know I'm up and running again but I would obviously like to prevent it from happening again. I could do without the anxiety and derailing my flow. But, I must say that this is the only issue I've ever had with Auria Pro.
On the plus side, I absolutely love working with Auria Pro and realise that Rim is an amazing developer. Sorry if my initial post sounded like an angry rant.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:07 am

I've only seen this happen on certain iOS and app updates. Have you updated either iOS or Auria itself?

Rim

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:28 am

Hi Rim. I hadn't updated to version 2.05 when this issue arose. I was waiting till I completed my songs before updating in case it caused any problems. Although I was aware that an update was available. I was also still on IOS 9.3.3 and not updated to IOS 9.3.4 for the same reason.

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:06 pm

So any idea how to avoid this issue in future, Rim?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:05 pm

No clue to be honest. The only time I've seen this happen was due to Auria updates.

Rim

AndyE
Expert

Post by AndyE » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:49 pm

Well I've had it happen twice before any updates. As much as I love Auria, I'm more than a little frustrated that this has happened with no way of preventing it from happening again.