tempo with imported midi track

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

cowswillbecows

tempo with imported midi track

Post by cowswillbecows » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:02 pm

I'm using an auria project to record each part of a trio sonata. I'm a flutist and play both violin pars live mic'd in -- no problem. I decided the bass part would be better using a midi part and the TE Bassoon sound from thumbjam. I'm using smartscore X2 to as a way to go from the printed bassoon part to midi. I scan the sheet music with smartscore, recognize it and export (midi type 0) from smartscore to dropbox and import the .mid file into auria, hitch the midi track up to thumbjam -- all good. My problem is that I want the track to play at about 50 bpm in 4/4. When the track is imported the tempo in auria goes to 100 for some reason. So I reset it to 50 and everything plays as I want at 50bpm but my formerly 31 bar piece now is truncated at something like bar 28.

I'd be so grateful for insight into what I'm missing/doing wrong.

Thanks!

Tim

Washboy
Expert

Re: tempo with imported midi track

Post by Washboy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:32 pm

I don't have SmartScore X2 so I can't test anything. I've looked at a few YT vids re that product though. Some questions:

Before you export the .mid from SmartScore do you set the tempo as 50BPM?

Is your Auria project already set to 50BPM prior to importing the .mid file?

When you import the .mid to Auria do you have 'Import Tempo Map' set to Yes or No? (The default was Yes, prior to v2.05. Now it's No).

cowswillbecows

Re: tempo with imported midi track

Post by cowswillbecows » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:53 pm

I wasn't aware of the "import tempo map option" but I found it at the bottom of the screen where I select the file to import and it was checked "yes" so I changed it to no and now I have the file at the tempo I want.

Thanks very much!

Tim