Drums XD midi question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Borjazz

Drums XD midi question

Post by Borjazz » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:22 pm

Hi!,
I've managed to get Drums XD to record into an audio track. I have two questions:
1.- Is it possible to get the midi from Drums XD into a midi track? I had no luck trying all kinds of input/output combinations and even using MidiFlow. I can put midi notes in Auria and they play in Drums XD, but I get nothing if I play in Drums XD and try to get those notes in Auria, it records nothing.
2.- Is it possible, and no clue if it has something to do with the above question, to separate channels in order to get each drum part into a dedicated track?

Thanks in advance!

Corey W
Expert

Re: Drums XD midi question

Post by Corey W » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:17 pm

It is very possible that the Drums XD app is not set up to output MIDI notes. Try emailing the developer to see if it can output MIDI.

Borjazz

Re: Drums XD midi question

Post by Borjazz » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi Corey,
It seems the developer has abandoned the project. I've emailed him and had no response. The app, for unknown reasons, can't send midi out. I can midi learn and play its sounds from DrumJam, Thumbjam or similar, or simply get used to record as audio, which will make me a better digital drums player. I'm dealing now with the audio quantize features of Auria Pro, to fill the midi gap of this app.
Thanks!