Is it possible to cancel "Processing Transients"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ba_hill

Is it possible to cancel "Processing Transients"

Post by ba_hill » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:35 pm

Hi,

Pressing Cancel in the "Processing Transients" dialog that appears when stopping a recording doesn't seem to have any effect. I sometimes make long (up to 2 hours) multitrack recordings. When I hit stop at the end of the recording it can take several minutes to process the transients so I press Cancel in the dialog but nothing seems to happen. Is that working as it should?

I'm running the latest version of Auria, 2.0.5, on an version 4 iPad with 64GB of memory.

Thanks,

Brian

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to cancel "Processing Transients"

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:49 pm

It looks like you might have "Realtime Warp Mode" turned off in the settings. This will cause Auria to process transients every time you make a change that would affect them (editing, recording, etc). I suggest enabling this option (unless you have an older iPad). There also might be a bug that prevents that particular dialog box from being cancelled.

Rim

ba_hill

Post by ba_hill » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi Rim,

I just checked and Realtime Warp Mode is enabled in the settings. It sounds like I have encountered the bug you mentioned.

Thanks,

Brian

richardyot
Expert

Post by richardyot » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:31 am

What you probably want to do is go to Settings and uncheck the setting named "Auto Scan Transients on Import". That means the transient processing won't be triggered at all, unless you do it yourself manually.

ba_hill

Post by ba_hill » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:37 am

HI Richard,

I thought that might be it, too, and I set "Auto Scan Transients on Import" to No but it didn't make any difference. I still get and cannot dismiss the "Processing Transients" dialog when stopping a recording.

Thanks,

Brian
richardyot wrote:What you probably want to do is go to Settings and uncheck the setting named "Auto Scan Transients on Import". That means the transient processing won't be triggered at all, unless you do it yourself manually.