Auria Pro 2.05 Update

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DaveB
Expert
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by DaveB » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:03 pm

I just updated to Auria Pro 2.05. Rim, would you please post a change log? Thanks for the update!

DaveB
Expert
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:38 pm

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by DaveB » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:10 pm

So far the only change I see is 25% off FabFilter plugins. I just bought Pro-G hell yeahs.

AuriaStudios
Expert
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by AuriaStudios » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Didnt see a post anywhere about the 2.0.5 update or an update indicator from my app store. Went to the app store and typed in Aruia then the update appears lol
.

AuriaStudios
Expert
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by AuriaStudios » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:25 pm

I shouldn't have updated erased everything and made me restore purchases and the project I was working on is gone. Very upsetting i want to scream becuase it was HOT. Damn I would have rather had the bugs :evil: Im done making beats tonight

Rim
Site Admin
Posts: 7854
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:08 pm

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:18 pm

Release notes are always in this thread:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9458

Updating to a new version shouldn't be affecting your current projects. Do you mean you can't load the last project you were working on? Have you tried loading a snapshot?

RIm

theconnactic
Expert
Posts: 255
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by theconnactic » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:42 pm

Thank you very much for this update, @Rim! Specially the import tempo map off by default. Today I really enjoyed importing MIDI files into my projects. All the best!

AuriaStudios
Expert
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by AuriaStudios » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:13 am

Rim, I dont believe it was Auria that did this my ipad wouldn't fully update the app. It did something crazy while updating. Once the app got to the end of updating it froze for like 15 minutes. Then its like it reinstalled and started over from scratch. Upon opening Auria it made me restore purchases because the project I was working on utilized Auria Pro elements that weren't upgraded yet. So the first thing I did was update and the project was gone after I restored. I think something went wrong on the install on Apple's side so they just reinstalled the app becuase it started over from the begining and took longer. Im totally guessing here tho. Today I restored from back up in iTunes and every single thing I lost came back. I backed up my ipad after making the project. I was lucky.

Washboy
Expert
Posts: 926
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:55 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by Washboy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:06 am

@AuriaStudios : I've had similar things happen (since moving to iOS v9) when updating apps with big download size. I've had my iPad reboot 75% of the way through update - and keep doing it. Eventually I had to reinstall my iPad from scratch! But it wasn't Auria I was updating (it was actually an MS Office app).

I've since deduced that, when updating a large app, it's wise to make sure to have plenty of free disk space and to quit all apps and reboot the iPad before updating. I've just updated my Auria install to v2.0.5 with no hiccups. All projects and IAPs remained intact. I admit that I did have fingers crossed throughout the update though! :wink:

User avatar
mtingle
Expert
Posts: 990
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:47 am
Location: Cornwall, UK

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by mtingle » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:28 pm

seems like quite a tidy update, cheers :)

Radside
Expert
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:07 pm

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by Radside » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:12 pm

Thanks for the update! I was pleasantly surprised by the addition of the MCU/HUI fix to 2.05. Gotta hook up my X Touch and give it a spin.

White Rabbit
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:14 am

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by White Rabbit » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:35 pm

I had the same issue on updating. I was just about to start recording and noticed that it was updating. It hung for over an hour as I went and had dinner came back and it was no further along. Tried to pause the install and restart, nothing happened. I tried to delete the app and reinstall (everything is backed up to Dropbox) wouldnt let me uninstall and would no longer allow me to update the app. I went to the app store and hit update on the app page and hey presto is started loading again and came up with no loss of data. A bit hairy for a while there but got there in the end. I had to restore my plugins after it loaded.

I'm running Ipad Air 2 latest OS.

AuriaStudios
Expert
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by AuriaStudios » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:57 pm

Washboy wrote:@AuriaStudios : I've had similar things happen (since moving to iOS v9) when updating apps with big download size. I've had my iPad reboot 75% of the way through update - and keep doing it. Eventually I had to reinstall my iPad from scratch! But it wasn't Auria I was updating (it was actually an MS Office app).

I've since deduced that, when updating a large app, it's wise to make sure to have plenty of free disk space and to quit all apps and reboot the iPad before updating. I've just updated my Auria install to v2.0.5 with no hiccups. All projects and IAPs remained intact. I admit that I did have fingers crossed throughout the update though! :wink:



Thank you sir

Rim
Site Admin
Posts: 7854
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:08 pm

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:23 pm

Updating of apps is handled by Apple, so we really don't have any control over it. Maybe the apple servers are slow today?

Rim

AuriaStudios
Expert
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by AuriaStudios » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:56 pm

Rim wrote:Updating of apps is handled by Apple, so we really don't have any control over it. Maybe the apple servers are slow today?

Rim
It seemed like it was app store if you ask me

White Rabbit
Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:14 am

Re: Auria Pro 2.05 Update

Post by White Rabbit » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:46 pm

White Rabbit wrote:I had the same issue on updating. I was just about to start recording and noticed that it was updating. It hung for over an hour as I went and had dinner came back and it was no further along. Tried to pause the install and restart, nothing happened. I tried to delete the app and reinstall (everything is backed up to Dropbox) wouldnt let me uninstall and would no longer allow me to update the app. I went to the app store and hit update on the app page and hey presto is started loading again and came up with no loss of data. A bit hairy for a while there but got there in the end. I had to restore my plugins after it loaded.

I'm running Ipad Air 2 latest OS.
Follow up to the above.

Ok so got home last night and checked my Ipad and Auria was still running 2.04 and would not update from the app store no matter what I tried. In the end I had to delete Auria and reinstall. That seemed to work OK and I now have 2.05 installed but.... now Auria will not import a project from dropbox, it will export but not import.
By the looks of it it is downloading the project file as it opens and the mixer settings are all there and in the wave veiw it looks like it has the wave files imported but there is peak file info so I cant see the wave forms and nothing plays back. So project info is downloading but wave files arnt. Is there a setting I've inadvertently hit that could be causing this?
Very frustrating, I had two nights at home with the wife and kid out of the house and really wanted to get some tracks down, but alas it was not to be. Shit happens.

I should note that my Ipad gen 4 had no problems updated itself uploads and downloads from dropbox no problem.

Thanks
Sandy

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests