What did I do?!?! No!!!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sukEEt
Expert

What did I do?!?! No!!!

Post by sukEEt » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:14 pm

iPad mini 3
16 gigs
Current iOS

I record a weekly podcast using aria and when I do so my files is usually run about 40 minutes to an hour long. Well, with episode 12' I used the new USB 3 to lightning cable to connect my iRig with USB to a simple mixer (instead of the Lightning connector straight to the iPad from iRig). This was the only different thing that I did. When the sound file was processing, it gave me an error and I lost the whole file ... Meh! I normally use a regular USB to lightning cable. Could this have caused my error since the iPad mini doesn't support USB 3?

Why God? Why?!?!?!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: What did I do?!?! No!!!

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:13 am

When you say you lost the files, what do you mean exactly? Did you create a new project and try to see if there are any audio files in the other project folder (using Import File?)

Have you tried restoring from an automatic snapshot? Auria creates these every 10 minutes, so there's bound to be a snapshot in there somewhere.

Or did you mean that the audio was lost after doing a recording, and the Processing... message was interrupted?

Rim

sukEEt
Expert

Post by sukEEt » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:40 pm

The processing that takes place after I hit the stop button was interrupted. I recorded 60 minutes of audio then hit stop, during the pop-up that says processing, there was an error and then it spit out no file. There was a file in my folder but it was zero se ones long. Thanks for taking the time to help me prevent this again ... All things aside, this is the first time this has ever happened to me.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:19 pm

Do you remember what the error was? Did you run out of hard drive space? Was the error an Apple error message? Anything you can tell me about the message would help me figure out what happened.

Thanks,
Rim