Midi track mutes other tracks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mollybloom
Expert

Midi track mutes other tracks

Post by mollybloom » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:43 am

Dear All,

I have a problem I hope you can help me with: I have a song with roughly six tracks consisting of both audio and miditracks (the latter used with Auria-internal instruments like the lyra and fabfilter ones.) However, I just added one more miditrack which was meant to trigger Thor (an external synth), and when i do this strange stuff happens:

1) I cannot seem to send midi from my midi keyboard (Key rig 49) to auria and then to thor -- i can only program notes on the pianoroll in auria. I have set Thor as a plugin in the miditrack, and the sounds come out nicely when just programming the pianoroll, but i cannot play them through my midi keyboard (which works like a charm in auria normally). I have set the midi in on the midi track in auria to "key rig" (and also tried "all") and assigned a midi-out channel which corresponds to the midi-in channel in thor, but still: nothing happens.

2) This thing really bugs me: when I start adding notes to the pianoroll (since the midi keyboard doesnt work, cf. the above) it suddenly starts MUTING all the rest of the tracks -- i can see the meters "playing" the sounds of the respective tracks, but the sound itself is muted. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Midi track mutes other tracks

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:00 pm

Things to check. Go to the Midi setup page in AuriaPro's settings. Make sure your midi is set to recieve notes from your controller. Now go back and see if that helps. Try using the controller with a Lyra instrument only and see if you can control that. I'm not sure of the muting issue. That may be a project to send to Rim for investigating. Hope this helps. Cheers.

mollybloom
Expert

Post by mollybloom » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:51 am

Ok, thanks! Rim -- do you have any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:43 pm

This might be related to a bug I fixed for the upcoming update (2.05). If you record enable track 1, external midi output gets disabled. Other than that, I'm really not sure.

Rim