Recording output format

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tanya

Recording output format

Post by Tanya » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:00 pm

I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find this information so maybe someone here can help. I work for a church and we record our Sunday sermons and then load them onto our website every week. We recently purchased a new IPAD, soundboard, etc. for our Sound Production crew and now we need a way to record the production because we cannot put it on a disc like before while using the IPAD. We are considering purchasing this app but first I need to make sure it is compatible. Can anyone tell me what format the recording can be saved as so I know if I will be able to upload it to our website. If it is not, I am curious if anyone might know of a simpler product or app that simply records. We don't really need all the cool "extras" on this app.

Corey W
Expert

Re: Recording output format

Post by Corey W » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:03 am

Hi Tanya,
You can export the audio from your Auria project's as .Wav, .Aif or an M4a file.

wigglelights
Expert

Re: Recording output format

Post by wigglelights » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:07 am

Tanya
What was the iPad purchased for? Just recording or is it doing other tasks?

You mention a sound board; i presume there's the sermon mic and perhaps a band going through this to a sound system?
In the previous system, it sounds like you had a direct disc recorder? How was that fed by the mixing console?
Was an audio interface for the iPad also purchased?

Auria can definitely handle recording, as well as editing and cleaning up recordings. Something like AudioShare may be more like what you had with the disc recorder -
But it all sorta depends on specifics of the rest of your hardware....