File import problem

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

File import problem

Post by supanorton » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:41 am

I'm trying to import drum loops into a project using automatic time stretch. Some loops work and others don't. The ones that don't work are empty .wav files. If I import the file without automatic time stretch, it works, but then I can't manually time stretch it. The tempo is still off.

I made a separate project to test and all the loops import and time stretch perfectly into the new project. Seems to be problem with my original project.

Can someone suggest a work around? Ideally, I'd like to do this without mixing down the drum loops from the new project.

I hope this all makes sense to you all.

Thanks.

supanorton
Expert

Re: File import problem

Post by supanorton » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:14 am

Update: Seems like it could be a bug.

I'm attempting to put my drum track together in a new project. After importing and using automatic time stretch on a verse and part of a chorus, I'm experiencing the same problem. Certain files are blank. It seems to happen after importing around 10 loops. I was also copying and pasting loops directly from the project using multi select.

I can manually time stretch each file, but I purchased the Apple Loop format so I wouldn't have to.

Please help.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:23 pm

Not all WAV and AIF files are compatible with auto time stretch. Are you certain the one's you're trying to import have either ACID WAV headers or Apple Loops headers? One of these is necessary in order for Auria to know the tempo of the files. The two pieces of info that Auria looks for in the header is the tempo and the number of bars the loop is. Without that, it can't adjust the tempo...

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Hi Rim,
I just created a new project, set the BPM to 150, imported one 145 BPM Apple Loop using automatic time stretch. Works perfectly. The name of the file is !Br_TS.wav and shows up in the waveform.

Import the same file to the same track to where the cursor is set, imports fine; however, Auria renames it to .wav. instead of its original name.

Import the same file, the same way, Auria imports an empty file and names it .wav 1.

I just did this three times, each time starting with a new project. I also used three different loops. Same results each time.

The same results have occurred while using Apple Loops from a different company.

I hope this helps.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:41 pm

Have you tried using WAV files without an exclamation point in front of the name? It's possible Auria doesn't like that symbol?

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:11 pm

Yes. It happens every time just the way I've described. Doesn't seem to matter what the file is called.

I've even tried it with the big classic rock drums from the Auria Store.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:20 am

I've found some loops where automatic time stretch works every time.

The bug seems to have something to do with Auria's renaming process. These files work every time:

90_BlueB_CS_HH_01_44kaWAV_TS.wav

On the next import, Auria removes "_TS" from the file name and the file looks like this:

90_BlueB_CS_HH_01_44kaWAV.wav

On all subsequent imports, Auria will add a number to the end of the file name:

90_BlueB_CS_HH_01_44kaWAV 1.wav

Another file that imports every time and is renamed the same way is this one:

Cranked_Beat01_100bpm_44kaWAV_TS.wav

These files don't rename the same way:

LedGroove2_End_TS.wav
!Br_TS.wav
90sYouTwo_Breakdown_i_TS.wav
RollingStrut_Chorus1_TS.wav

All these files will time stretch on the first import, but Auria changes the entire file name to ".wav". All subsequent imports have no audio, and are names .wav1, .wav2, .wav3, etc.

Could it be that 44kaWAV part of the name?

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:07 am

supanorton wrote:I've found some loops where automatic time stretch works every time.

The bug seems to have something to do with Auria's renaming process. These files work every time:

90_BlueB_CS_HH_01_44kaWAV_TS.wav

On the next import, Auria removes "_TS" from the file name and the file looks like this:

90_BlueB_CS_HH_01_44kaWAV.wav

On all subsequent imports, Auria will add a number to the end of the file name:

90_BlueB_CS_HH_01_44kaWAV 1.wav

Another file that imports every time and is renamed the same way is this one:

Cranked_Beat01_100bpm_44kaWAV_TS.wav

These files don't rename the same way:

LedGroove2_End_TS.wav
!Br_TS.wav
90sYouTwo_Breakdown_i_TS.wav
RollingStrut_Chorus1_TS.wav

All these files will time stretch on the first import, but Auria changes the entire file name to ".wav". All subsequent imports have no audio, and are names .wav1, .wav2, .wav3, etc.
Just wondering if there's something I can do with this? Do I have to manually rename each loop and reinstall them?

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:00 pm

If you're a Mac user, OSX offers an option to rename files en masse: http://osxdaily.com/2015/05/28/batch-re ... -x-finder/

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:43 pm

Don't have a Mac, but thanks for your help.

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi Rim,

Is there a reason you can think of that Auria would import and automatically time stretch a file once, automatically time stretch the file but rename it to.wav the second time, and import an empty file every time afterward?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:10 am

I'm not really sure, it sounds like a bug to me. I've put it on my list to look at in the future.

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks, Rim.

I'll send you a couple of those files when I'm on a PC.