Automation control points, deleting and pasting audio

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Pericles

Automation control points, deleting and pasting audio

Post by Pericles » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:15 pm

Hello.

I record and sequence in Beatmaker 2 and then copy and paste the individual tracks into Auria for proper mixing.

I often make changes to a track in Beatmaker, which means I have to delete a particular track's audio in Auria and paste the newer version I just created in Beatmaker back into Auria. The problem is that any automation control points I may have created will get all jumbled on the newly pasted audio and I will then have to redo them all (and in some instances, the pasting appears reset that track's volume to the lowest level and/or create panning control points).

Is it possible to lock or save the control points to the track so that I don't have to redo them every time I paste a new version?

Thanks.
:shock:

richardyot
Expert

Re: Automation control points, deleting and pasting audio

Post by richardyot » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:03 am

Paste the audio into a new track, set the input of your old track to be bus 1, and the output of your new track to be bus 1. This will route the new audio into the old track and the original audio will be ignored, but the automation should survive.

Pericles

Post by Pericles » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks for this, I'll give it a shot. If it works, great. But it's kind of a messy solution.

Rim?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:52 am

Your best solution is to copy your automation control points and then paste them to the new track or over top of the newly imported audio file. So before you delete the track audio to update it with a new audio file, while looking at the volume automation, double tap and hold and drag across all the control points. A light grey film appears over the track field. If the track goes off the screen area just zoom down so that the whole track is visible on the screen, then do the highlighting . Now tap Copy. Now delete the audio track but remember you will need to return the track back to Audio view to delete the audio and insert the new stem. Now insert the new audio stem and select Volume to show on the track, you won't see any yet, now tap Paste and the automation points will all be inserted into the new audio. Make sure you do the copy/paste right after eachother as the copy is only held in the ios clipboard and will disapear after exiting Auria. Cheers and good luck.

Pericles

Post by Pericles » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:09 am

Thank you for this tip Anthony.