Problem with MIDI Novation Launchkey 61 into iconnectaudio4+

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

lazloleif

Problem with MIDI Novation Launchkey 61 into iconnectaudio4+

Post by lazloleif » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:14 pm

Hello,

Newbie here. I have a Novation Launchkey connected into a iconnectaudio4+ and a not able to use it as a MIDI controller. I have armed the track to record and to no avail. No sounds from any of the instruments. Even tried recording something to see if it will trigger something as that has helped someone in another post. Am I supposed to assign to a port? The keyboard works in garage band so I'm sure it's user error on my behalf.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Problem with MIDI Novation Launchkey 61 into iconnectaud

Post by Anthony Alves » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Ok, first I will asume you have AuriaPro as midi is not available in the regular Auria. go to Settings under Menu and select Midi which is the last icon on the bottom right. There you will now see the various inputs and outputs for your iConnect. If you dont see it then Auria is not seeing the iConnect.

lazloleif

Post by lazloleif » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Thanks for the response. It recognizes the Iconnect and yes I do have Auria pro.

lazloleif

Post by lazloleif » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:57 pm

Ok, on the input, I chose the Iconnect usb2 option, restarted Auria, and it works. However the transport controls do not work nor does the Master Volume slider work. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, if anyone can suggest other ways of using this MIDI setup to exploit the benefits of Auria. Thanks in advance.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:03 am

You should not be getting any problems with the Transport or the Master volume slider over a midi setup. Since you said it works fine in Garageband then it should just work in Auria. Have you done any setup in the iConnect iConfig app? My suggestion is to start a new project and select your midi under the midi settings. is the Novation connected to the iConnect via midi din cable or USB cable? Try using a different midi port in the iConnect to see if that helps. Try using a midi din connector if your using usb. As far as the master volume not working, do you get sound and you simply dont see any vu movement in the Master meters or is there no sound at all? Try disconnecting the iConnect from the project, does the transport and master now work? You may have the midi track not selected to go out the main L/R or you may not have the master selected as the output in the output matrix. The more info you provide the easier we can establish the problem. Cheers and get back to me with your results.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:18 am

If you plug the Launchkey directly into your iPad and bypass the Audio4+ you can see how the transport/buttons/faders should function in Auria.

*In the Auria Settings> MIDI tab, change remote protocol to: Mackie HUI
*Under LaunchKey InControl- change send/receive notes to send/receive remote.

This gets the transport working on the Launchkey keyboard, auto assigns the faders to the corresponding channel volume faders, the button below the faders becomes the channel mute/solo, button 9 will toggle between mute and solo , and the knobs will also default to pan knobs. The two round pads to the right of the square pads will change the bank (by 8 channels) to control the next 8 channels with the faders and knobs.

Once you see the proper function, you can put the Audio4+ back in the chain and see if you can get the HUI protocol to function through one of the available options populated in the MIDI i/o settins.

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:36 am

Corey W wrote:If you plug the Launchkey directly into your iPad and bypass the Audio4+ you can see how the transport/buttons/faders should function in Auria.

*In the Auria Settings> MIDI tab, change remote protocol to: Mackie HUI
*Under LaunchKey InControl- change send/receive notes to send/receive remote.

This gets the transport working on the Launchkey keyboard, auto assigns the faders to the corresponding channel volume faders, the button below the faders becomes the channel mute/solo, button 9 will toggle between mute and solo , and the knobs will also default to pan knobs. The two round pads to the right of the square pads will change the bank (by 8 channels) to control the next 8 channels with the faders and knobs.

Once you see the proper function, you can put the Audio4+ back in the chain and see if you can get the HUI protocol to function through one of the available options populated in the MIDI i/o settins.

Corey are you saying the Launchkey has fader control OMG lol. So how do Auria Pro faders and Launchkey faders work when opening new projects? Do the faders in the Auria Pro project jump when they Launchkey faders are moved ? Or does Aurias faders remain still untill the Launchkey faders reach the correct value? I was looking for a one stop shop controller like the Behringer motor 61 but if this does fader control Im getting one asap

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:22 am

When opening new projects, all faders in Auria will default to the unity gain position (0dB). The faders on the Launch Key are not motorized so as soon as you touch a fader on the keyboard the fader in Auria will automatically jump to the position of the fader on the Launch Key. You can still move the faders directly in Auria, but again, their positioning will be overridden once you move a corresponding fader on the Launch Key.

AuriaStudios
Expert

Post by AuriaStudios » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:35 am

Corey W wrote:When opening new projects, all faders in Auria will default to the unity gain position (0dB). The faders on the Launch Key are not motorized so as soon as you touch a fader on the keyboard the fader in Auria will automatically jump to the position of the fader on the Launch Key. You can still move the faders directly in Auria, but again, their positioning will be overridden once you move a corresponding fader on the Launch Key.

Man
I just bought one lol Im amazed thats the only so called draw back of this cheap controller. You guys have again blown my mind at what I can do with an ipad app lol Love it.