Do people stay with the effects delivered with Auria Pro?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Re: Do people stay with the effects delivered with Auria Pro

Post by theconnactic » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Use the reverbs from the IAP amp sims: I frequently use the reverbs from OverloudTHM for vocals, drums etc. FabFilter Timeless has really great ambience options, and the Convolution reverb, albeit CPU-intensive, is as good as Logic's Space Designer (not as fully featured, but the quality is the same).

tsutek

Post by tsutek » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:00 am

theconnactic wrote:Use the reverbs from the IAP amp sims: I frequently use the reverbs from OverloudTHM for vocals, drums etc. FabFilter Timeless has really great ambience options, and the Convolution reverb, albeit CPU-intensive, is as good as Logic's Space Designer (not as fully featured, but the quality is the same).
Ahh so Fabfilter timeless can reverb too? Then it's a must have and will probably be more than enough for me, thanks.
Amp sim reverbs are also a good tip, will consider it.

Cheers

EDIT: Seems like the timeless2 cannot reverb after all. Need to demo that PSP pianoverb on my computer. I really wish we could demo these 3rdparty plugs before committing :/
fwiw I dont fancy the convolution reverb, on any IR reverbs in general. They sound to static for my tastes, and can sometimes sound artefacty like mp3s in regards to reverb tails

Neil
Expert

Post by Neil » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:48 am

Great! Very helpful, thanks.