Multiple track record levels & Seamless joining of sections

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

IndieP
Expert

Multiple track record levels & Seamless joining of sections

Post by IndieP » Mon May 30, 2016 11:12 am

Having looked at the manual and on the forum I have not found anything that addresses the following question.

For example, when creating a drum part for a MIDI backing track, and you wish to have the drum part at a fairly high level to begin with, then lowering the volume of the drum part as other VI's are introduced, what is the best way to set different record levels on the same part on the same track?

I know that the drum part could be split by creating another section of the drum part at a lower volume and adding it to another track, or,
Create that part further ahead on the same track then join the two parts together.

But is there a better way to do this?

I am also still at the point where I am trying to figure out how to join two pieces (clips or sections) together while maintaining a seamless flow (which requires that the beginning and ending of the clip be edited to full measures).

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Multiple track record levels & Seamless joining of secti

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon May 30, 2016 1:45 pm

You can edit the midi velocity in the Midi Piano editor window. You access this editor by tapping the piano in the main lanes of the editor window. So just to the right of the writing pencil it will say NOTES and a dropdown menu apears when tapped and you will see Velocity as the first choice, select that and you can now just simply drag your finger across the editor window and you will draw in midi velocity you can also snap this velocity to whatever snap grid you set. You also use the snap grid to combine two sections seamlessly. Simply set the snap value to BAR. Cheers and hope this helped.

IndieP
Expert

Post by IndieP » Tue May 31, 2016 10:03 am

Thanks Anthony for the information.

Unfortunately I tend to focus on a specific area and often overlook the bigger picture. In this case I was working in the edit window and forgot that what I created there showed up in the Piano Roll. Only the other day I remember reading about Velocity in the manual, and also seeing it in a video tutorial, but their again, my mind was on the terminology “Volume” versus what is being referred to as “Velocity.”

I should therefore have been researching the word “Velocity” instead of “Volume.”

IndieP
Expert

Post by IndieP » Tue May 31, 2016 10:09 am

Just a quick question to Rim and the moderators of this forum (if they are reading this).

Why (with 21 posts) am I being referred to as an "Expert" but am asking all the questions? lol.

IndieP
Expert

Post by IndieP » Tue May 31, 2016 10:53 am

Anthony, I was just checking out your procedure for writing in the velocity, and I am running into another problem. The drum parts I am using are in the (C1) octave of the keyboard. To access this area, I have to zoom in so much to bring it up on the screen that the piano keyboard and the grid is so small that I’m hitting two or three piano keys at the same time.

How do you, (without using an external MIDI keyboard), move the keyboard upwards in the Piano Roll Editor in order to access (in larger detail) the octaves below (C3)?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue May 31, 2016 12:25 pm

HI IndieP, Two fingers on the screen scrolls up and down the keyboard. When you are at the Octave that you want to work in then zoom in. Cheers

IndieP
Expert

Post by IndieP » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:16 am

Hi Anthony,
I've been trying to figure out that one for a little while and couldn't find the answer on the forum, and even though I've looked in the user guide, it's probably tucked away in there somewhere, lol.
Thanks again.

Have a great day.

IndieP

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:12 pm

The "expert" designation is just something the forum does automatically, as users add more posts.

Rim

IndieP
Expert

Post by IndieP » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:02 am

Hi Rim, I kinda figured that was the case, in any case, it makes a guy feel good, I've never been an expert at anything before, lol.