Importing Wavs

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

ALCAM

Importing Wavs

Post by ALCAM » Thu May 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to import an instrumental Wav into Auria (not pro).

I record melodies on the road and need to be able to send bounces back to producers with vocal ideas etc.

When I import it into the session via Dropbox it displays no wave form and playback offers no audio.

I tried importing it as an MP3 and it was slowed and pitched down due to the sample rate of the session.

Two questions:

How can I import the Wav successfully?

And

How can I change the sample rate of the session? I can see where the sample rate is displayed, but cannot find a setting to change it within the project.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Re: Importing Wavs

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri May 27, 2016 10:09 am

First I would have to ask which device are you recording to on the road that you are sending the wav file to dropbox. Which format is the device sampling at and bit rate? You could be importing an improper format but Auria loads .wav files with ease. Did you confirm in dropbox that the audio is there? The file in dropbox could be corrupt or you have downloaded a reference file. Auria will tell you some info of the file in the import file feature in the Menu dropdown. There you can see the sample rate and format and length as well as audition the file. If you don't hear anything there than there is no audio in the file. As for how to change the sample rate of a project this can only be done when you are first creating the new project and cannot be changed in the project again. If you have a file that you wish to reside or play in a different sample rate you must create a new project at that sample rate then import your audio file into that project using the import file option found in the Menu dropdown list. Cheers and good luck.

ALCAM

Post by ALCAM » Fri May 27, 2016 11:54 am

Thanks for the response.

I'm using an iPad Pro 9.7 with Auria. Not sure about the sample rate of the device?

The Wav file plays perfectly in Dropbox. It's just when it's importing to Auria that it corrupts and doesn't display or play.

There is an odd thing occurring for me - because I've made a template file, when I create a new project, it doesn't give me any options, it just creates a file at a set samplerate of 44.1 - I can't change the rate when I create a new project because it automatically loads a template. If I could somehow erase the template auto load and load a new project I would be able to work around the problem.

Cheers!

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri May 27, 2016 1:04 pm

When you create a new project the template pane has a small arrow to the right, tap that and a drop down menu appears and select None. Then you can create whatever project settings you like.Cheers and hope that helps.As for the file not playing Im not sure but make sure the download completed and thats all I can suggest right now.

ALCAM

Post by ALCAM » Sat May 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Thanks again for responding.

I'm not sure what you mean by template pane, when I load a new project there is no panel or window that opens, it just opens up the template. I'm not seeing any small arrows or anything, and no drop down menus of that sort.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Sat May 28, 2016 8:31 pm

'Menu -> New Project' gives this dialog:
image.jpeg
'Menu -> New Project' in Auria Pro.

ALCAM

Post by ALCAM » Mon May 30, 2016 7:39 am

Oh, mine doesn't appear, it just loads the template without asking for direction. No dialogue.

Is there a way to reinstall or reset the app to factory settings? I don't have any other options at this point.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Mon May 30, 2016 9:26 am

Apologies, @ALCAM. I've just read your original post and see that you're not using Auria Pro :oops: Standard Auria doesn't have the project templates facility. So I'm not sure what you mean when you say you've "made a template file".

It would be helpful to see a screenshot of what you see when you do 'Menu -> New Project'. It might also help if you give Dropbox access to a copy of one of the WAVs you have a problem with so that we can test it (unless it's confidential).

Also, what does it say in the bottom-right of your screen when you do 'Menu -> Settings -> General(tab)'?

ALCAM

Post by ALCAM » Mon May 30, 2016 6:55 pm

Hmm, that is odd. Here is what happens when I press new project. A dialogue appears that says 'Loading project' and then it completes the load with a file named 'New Project 9' or whatever the next number in the list is.

Can't seem to upload a photo as I'm on my iPad

It all started when I saved a file with the command 'save project as template'

I have that option in Auria even though it is not the pro edition.

Bottom right of the screen in general settings says version 2.04

Cpu Red
Expert

Post by Cpu Red » Tue May 31, 2016 1:02 am

Try importing the file into Audioshare first. It is an extremely useful program. I believe it costs around $5. You can see the samplerate and bit depth of the file and also convert it to the sample rate/ bit depth of your choosing. Then you can choose copy to Auria.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Tue May 31, 2016 1:47 am

ALCAM wrote:Hmm, that is odd. Here is what happens when I press new project. A dialogue appears that says 'Loading project' and then it completes the load with a file named 'New Project 9' or whatever the next number in the list is...
[snip]
...It all started when I saved a file with the command 'save project as template'

I have that option in Auria even though it is not the pro edition...
Yes, it is indeed odd :? I don't have a copy of standard Auria to check with but I'm surprised to learn that you have 'Save Project as Template' as an option. Perhaps it snuck in by accident! :lol: Anyway @Rim or @Corey W will need to comment on that, especially about how to restore a normal 'New Project' template to your setup.

@Cpu Red offers great advice re the AudioShare app - it's a very useful tool to have.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:19 pm

That is indeed a bug. I've added this to my list to fix for 2.05.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:03 am

Rim wrote:That is indeed a bug. I've added this to my list to fix for 2.05.

Rim
Good to have confirmation, @Rim :) Is it possible to undo @ALCAM 's New Project dilemma by reinstating a default template without having to completely reinstall Auria in the process?