EXS24 and Lyra. HELP!!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

levispeights
Expert

EXS24 and Lyra. HELP!!

Post by levispeights » Wed May 25, 2016 12:07 pm

Hey guys,
So maybe someone can help me out. I'm trying to use Anolog Drums' Big Mono ESX drum samples in Lyra.

http://www.analoguedrums.com/details-bm.php

Using iFunBox I've copied the Big Mono EXS file into the 'sampler instruments' folder and the folder with all the WAV files. I then named the folder that has all the WAV files 'Big Mono' which is the same name as the corespondent ESX file. Here's a screen shot.

I can see the 'Big Mono' drum kit when I open up Lyra but no sounds will play. What did I do wrong? Thanks!!

Corey W
Expert

Re: EXS24 and Lyra. HELP!!

Post by Corey W » Wed May 25, 2016 12:42 pm

The EXS24 file itself is okay. Delete the 'Big Mono' folder with the WAV files from your iPad and batch rename all of the files to change '.WAV' to '.wav'
Re-import the folder with the WAV files and you should be good to go.
The drums are placed in groups by drum type instead of arranged by GM, so you may want to edit the EXS24 file in Logic

levispeights
Expert

Post by levispeights » Wed May 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Corey W wrote:The EXS24 file itself is okay. Delete the 'Big Mono' folder with the WAV files from your iPad and batch rename all of the files to change '.WAV' to '.wav'
Re-import the folder with the WAV files and you should be good to go.
The drums are placed in groups by drum type instead of arranged by GM, so you may want to edit the EXS24 file in Logic
Fantastic! Changing the .WAV to .wav did the trick. Cool. Bummer it's not already mapped to GM. :?

levispeights
Expert

Post by levispeights » Thu May 26, 2016 11:14 am

Alright, I've mapped the Big Mono ESX24 file to GM midi, and it works with Lyra now. If anyone is interested, here's the file...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44g8vulqddmsg ... p.exs?dl=0

One weird thing though, when I mapped the ESX24 file, I included some panning for some of the kit but that information didn't seem to carry over into Auria. Any idea why that would be? Does Lyra not read panning information from a ESX file?

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Thu May 26, 2016 11:37 am

There are 2 different ways to save the EXS24 files in Logic.

The first way is to save from inside the 'Edit' window ((top of the window) Instrument> Save)
The other way is from the EXS24 main window (Options> Save settings to Instrument)

I always save in the Edit window first and then do the 'global' options save after and it seems to work.