Drum Looping

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

IndieP
Expert

Drum Looping

Post by IndieP » Thu May 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Hi All,
I have spent a few hours trying to come up with an answer to the following 2 questions, so hopefully someone can help me.

If I am creating a MIDI backing track and want a track with a drum beat at (120 Tempo and 4/4 Signature) for the duration of the song, say 5 minutes, what is the best way to accomplish this?

I have tried recording a smaller region of about 20 seconds, then copying this section on the ends to make a longer loop, but I am having difficulty doing this. Starting and stopping the initial recording at precise points so that when it is copied and joined to the end of the initial recorded region is problematic in that the timing of the beat is off at this point. So how do I avoid this problem?

Also, I've noticed that during playback, my timing was off with the metronome as I was recording. Is there a way to adjust this after the recording has been made?

I know that by using the piano roll, achieving precise timing is easier but also more time consuming. Using a MIDI keyboard is also easier than the piano roll, but then again, you have the problem of ending at a precise point requiring editing, and who wants to sit tapping a keyboard for 5 minutes knowing your timing may be slightly off and you have it all to do over again.
Thanks

Denzkps
Expert

Re: Drum Looping

Post by Denzkps » Fri May 20, 2016 1:47 am

Hello!
For Drum looping
try menu/settings/editor/Auto-crosfade - set Disable

IndieP
Expert

Post by IndieP » Fri May 20, 2016 11:25 am

Thank you for the tip, but could you explain what this does. Further research into how to join MIDI clips together and have the timing right where the clips are joined suggests I look at "MIDI Overdubbing" is this correct or is this something entirely different?
Thanks

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Fri May 20, 2016 12:15 pm

sorry!
This only works for audio.
I tnink join MIDI will work soon
http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=14447