Auria Pro crash

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

EssexGooner
Expert

Auria Pro crash

Post by EssexGooner » Fri May 13, 2016 3:18 am

After nearly 4 hours of recording, I was undoing a few actions to get back to a previous point and Auria Pro crashed. Everytime I opened it again, I got the error report box appear but it crashed again before I could enter anything. The only way I could break this loop was to connect to my PC via ifunbox and rename the project so it didn't try to open it everytime it started. Once into Auria Pro I tried opening up the renamed project and went back into the same loop.

The only way I can see to recover my work is to open a new project and manually import all the audio files, many of which are small snippets rather than full tracks so it will be a slow process. I just wondered if there were any critical files from the other folders (Snapshot, Backups, Contents, Overview Data) that I should also reinstall that would have preserved the order and placement of the work.

Thanks

elixeter

Re: Auria Pro crash

Post by elixeter » Fri May 13, 2016 5:48 am

Hi mate

I had this a while ago, and it was because I had too many Auria projects on my iPad. Try moving some over to your computer? I took it down from about 15 projects to 3/4 and it worked fine.

Hope that helps

EssexGooner
Expert

Post by EssexGooner » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:41 pm

This is the second time AuriaPro has crashed after a lot of intensive work recording a track. It crashes randomly and then I cannot get back into AuriaPro without renaming the crashed file. Everything else works fine except the corrupt file. Everytime I try to load it, it crashes. I rename it and try to reload it and it crashes. My only option is to try and piece together the many .wav files created while recording the track as I did before.

Is there an easier way to recover a crashed file? This is painful because of the many hours spent working on the track.

I hope it is not the number of projects as suggested as that would make the App difficult for me to use as I don't carry my pc around everywhere.

I have been careful since the last time it happened and freezing tracks when complete but that clearly made no difference.

This must be a bug and a painful one at that.

I am using an iPad Air2.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:08 am

Auria doesn't care how many projects you have (there's no limit). However, if you run into storage issues on your iPad, there could certainly be issues. This sounds like a corrupted project. Can you remember what the last thing you did was before the project got corrupted. Info like this would help me track down the problem.

Rim

EssexGooner
Expert

Post by EssexGooner » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:59 pm

Hi Rim, in both instances I was "undoing" several actions. The first one that crashed I was undoing quite a few actions to get back to a certain point. I would say at least 9/10 undos. The second time was less but still a string of undos.

Each project had mutiple tracks and some of them had effects (all fab filter).

I hope that helps.

LOmB

Post by LOmB » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:27 am

I have same problem. I was working on my project and then the iPad shuts down for low battery reason. Now I can't open my project and any of the snippets. I also tried to rename the backup — via iFunBox — but It didn't work.
There's any way to recover corrupted files?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:36 pm

You can try to use one of the snapshots. Snapshots are created automatically in Auria every 10 minutes, so there's probably a snapshot you can use. If you can't open the project to select a snapshot, you can try to manually copy one of the snapshot files into the main project folder (rename it to your project name.prj. Snapshot files are the same as project files, just with a different extension.

RIm