Evry day with Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Evry day with Auria

Post by Denzkps » Thu May 05, 2016 4:27 am

Hello! I have another problem.
I've got clicks on MIDI tracks. After I have used an external synthesizer (moog 15). I recorded synth and removed from the project. But now I have clicks. Cleaning the memory and rebooting did not help. The new MIDI tracks have clicks also. Do you have any solutions? I know life is a struggle, but sometimes I really want to delete all. Every day failures, frequent rebooting.
Version 2.04. I can not record external synth, or only at the fifth attempt. Side Chain is not working. Freez and bounce in place works sometimes and sometimes not. I begin to understand the people who write bad reviews. I have Ipad air, who have Ipad pro do you have problems and failures?
I spent a lot of money for the program, I bought all the plugins, samples, and I want that Auria work better. What must I do to be so?

mtingle
Expert

Re: Evry day with Auria

Post by mtingle » Thu May 05, 2016 4:59 am

the best way to get things working is supply Rim (developer) with step by step repeatable instructions of a bug that happens for you. If he can repeat it he can usually fix it for the next release.

You can do this in the bug reports forum:

http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=20

I would focus on the most critical bugs first.

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Thu May 05, 2016 6:33 am

Yes, I know about this topic.
and sometimes I write there.
And you're right is not always possible to understand how the bug occurred. These are two different things two different works - finding bugs and making music.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat May 07, 2016 8:33 am

One way to avoid clicks and pops durring recording with inner apps like Moog 15 is to keep your project at 44.1 khz as most apps dont record well in higher sample rates. So if your running a project at 48k or 96k you will get some glitches. Also flush your memory like doing a full reboot of your iPad prior to starting your recording. I usually reboot my iPad a few times durring a project. Auria Pro has only been out a few months and there have been many updates to fix bugs and although were not quite there yet, it wont be long before Auria Pro runs stable again.good luck. Cheers

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Sun May 08, 2016 3:01 am

Thank you Anthony and all. In this forum, wonderful and helpful people. Today Auria is the best program and I hope Rim will make it better and better.
a few small problems and bugs
1.Time stretching does not work for MIDI parts. It works but if you try to edit the note you will have issue. And only undo function can help.
2. Fade in or fade out doesnt work for midi parts.
3. I often have hard click at the beginning of a frozen midi track. But I can not figure out when and at what stage it happens. When I start new project I have not this issue. And I have this problem in all big projects.
4. Try to freeze midi track. Then in channel strip you will have inserts and pan/aux. If press pan/aux and then unfreeze track we cannot return to inserts.
5. Side chain does not work normal. if use any internal plugin we have distortion and feedback effect in audio signal of side chain. That very big and main problem for me.
6. I noticed that when you use the fxpansion chancomp plugin frequently CPU overload, the maximum peaks occur, which leads to frequent failure and the crash Auria. After this plugin settings are defaulted.
7. I noticed that when use the fxpansion chancomp plugin I have frequently CPU overload and the maximum peaks, which leads to failure and the crash Auria. After this plugin settings becomes as defaulted.
8. The sound of jamup plugin is very terrible and bad. This is the worst plug in your store, and very strange that you continue to sell it.
Peace and Cheers! :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon May 09, 2016 6:00 am

I don't see any of these problems here. I went through the list and tried everything you describe and it all works like it should for me. If you can get any of these issues to work in a controlled environment, I'm sure I can fix find what's wrong and fix it, but it would need to be a detailed step-by-step list, starting from a clean project. This way I can duplicate it here.

Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Mon May 09, 2016 8:39 am

ok, Rim
I can make short video for you and small projects if you can not find it.
But all it are not so important
Please, Make side chain work, I wrote about it five month ago http://auriaapp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13805
Hello Rim!
Did you find issue with sidechain?
Yesterday I found that leads to a distortion in the side chain. If the project more than 2 tracks. Example:
1. Project bass kick and snare
2. Make a sidechain for bass from the kick.
3. Then in the track snare activate any standard effect.
4. Listen to what happens to the sidechain
5. PSP microwarmer has the same effect
ps. delay compensation is now working well, and if we use convolution reverb there is no delay in the side chain and in the main channel (It's just great !!!). But it does not work for the subgroups. If you do sidechain in the channel of subgroup you will have a delay. But there is a compromise to use BUS where everything works. Many thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon May 09, 2016 10:08 pm

A video and some instructions would help for sure. I tried the duplicate the sidechain issue you talked about earlier, but it works fine here. I created two tracks, added a sidechain from one track to the other, into Fabfilter Pro Q, and it worked fine when I pressed the sidechain audition button in Pro Q.

Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Tue May 10, 2016 2:22 am

Rim, I made simple project and load it to dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8wt407a75c8n ... 9kcra?dl=0
instruction
1. The project has two tracks 1 - kick 2 - Reese
2. I added a compressor (Pro-C2) for track 2, I chose the first track (kick) as the sidechain, then I selected external channel in sidechain window Pro-C2 and removed autogain.
3. I pressed the button audition and made a solo track №2 (reese) and now we hear only our side chain, our kick
4. I made this track mixdown (track№3), it's the sound of clean side chain, all is well.
5. Then I turned on the built-in compressor (sp chanstrip comp) on the track №1. And made the mixdown, it's a track №4 We now have a strong change in the sound of the side chain.
6. I also added microwarmer to kick track and made mixdown (track №5) it has made additional changes in the sound of the side chain
7. I sent project to dropbox
end
I can not understand is it only my problem? (ipad Air 1 IOS 9.3.1 Auria Pro 2.04) Are anybody used side chain for mixing?
ps I sent you a short video to your email on other problems but it also is associated with side chain.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 10, 2016 7:02 am

Thanks for the detailed steps. I can duplicate this issue here now. I'm looking into it. I appreciate the help!

Rim

Denzkps
Expert

Post by Denzkps » Tue May 10, 2016 7:15 am

Thanks you! :D
I understood that the detailed description and video is the best way to solve the problem.
If I have more free time I will do the same for other items

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue May 10, 2016 7:32 am

I just found and fixed this second issue now. It'll appear in 2.05

Thanks again,
RIm