Fabfilter IAP questions

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sleepless

Fabfilter IAP questions

Post by sleepless » Tue May 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Having searched the forum, I am yet to find any definitive reports of how well the Fabfilter IAPs function. There appear to have been issues in the past, but I cannot find any indication that FF have provided fix updates.

So....I'm about to take the plunge on - at the very least - Pro-C 2, Pro-Q 2, Saturn & Volcano. Where relevant, do these now incorporate fully functioning sidechain inputs? Are there still problems with FF fx reverting to a default setting upon reopening a project? Does the metering in FF processors now work (I read that there were issues with this last year)?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Tchase

Re: Fabfilter IAP questions

Post by Tchase » Tue May 03, 2016 9:38 pm

I've noticed that the FF plugins reload as they were setup but the "name" of the preset you used shows as "default" when you open it in a project you are reloading. So it does remember the preset you loaded as well as any tweaks you may have made but it doesn't load the name of the preset - it just says it's the default one. Metering works fine, I regularly use all of them and the only issue is a few of the presets are CPU hogs. I haven't used the side chain options yet so I can't report on them.

sleepless

Post by sleepless » Wed May 04, 2016 5:26 am

Ah, cheers. I bought Pro-Q2 as a tester....all seems to be fine! Bit disappointed it doesn't have the auto-gain feature of the desktop version but, at this price, it's still an absolute bargain ;)

EDIT: it does have the auto-gain! I'm an idiot.

rickwaugh
Expert

Post by rickwaugh » Wed May 04, 2016 4:15 pm

They work fine, as far as I have ever been able to tell. Some of them use a lot of resources, so be prepared to either reconsider which presets or usages you have in mind, or freeze tracks. You'll also want to do the standard shutting down of everything before starting recording, and rebooting is a good idea too. But they are fantastic pieces of work.

The preset title not coming back drives me crazy, as if I want to try something else, I generally don't remember what the original was. There is an old request in to have track notes, which would help.