Change between apps while recording

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

c0wfunk
Expert

Change between apps while recording

Post by c0wfunk » Mon May 02, 2016 1:45 pm

Let me start by saying I love Auria Pro. Moving to iPad recording has completely changed my recording process and I'm getting more done now than I ever did before.

I am often recording my synthesizer (DSI Mopho x4) that has an iPad control app that it connects via usb. The USB host is my Focusrite iDoc which is also my audio ins / outs. I have an iPad air 2

I have found that when I am recording in Auria and switch to the mopho app, the recording pauses while I am in the other app. The method I use to switch apps is double pressing the menu button and then selecting the mopho app from the overview screen.

I have successfully switched between Auria and other apps that use audio bus (korg gadget for instance).

Is there a way that I can move to my synth controller while keeping the recording going?

Thanks again for this software!

Washboy
Expert

Re: Change between apps while recording

Post by Washboy » Mon May 02, 2016 1:53 pm

'Menu -> Settings -> General(tab) -> App Background Audio Mode' - make sure it's set to 'ON' (the default is OFF).

If you use Auria inside AudioBus, or if you use IAA apps within Auria, Background Audio will be set to ON automatically by Auria.

:)

c0wfunk
Expert

Post by c0wfunk » Mon May 02, 2016 1:56 pm

awesome, thanks for the quick reply I'll give it a shot tonight.

Corey W
Expert

Post by Corey W » Mon May 02, 2016 2:07 pm

After reading a bunch of reviews online for the Mopho x4 app it looks like all of the issues are probably on their end. The app has not been updated since Aug. 2014.
You may want to try contacting them to see if they will add in support for an IAA transport control or make some all around bug fixes.

In Auria have you tried turning ON 'App Background Audio Mode'? (Menu> Settings> General tab)

c0wfunk
Expert

Post by c0wfunk » Tue May 31, 2016 1:12 pm

Following up - there were indeed a lot of issues with the original Mopho app but the x4 one actually works pretty well. (I recently upgraded to the x4). You guys were right, I simply needed to turn on app background audio mode. Thanks.