Recording mutes midi track

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mollybloom
Expert

Recording mutes midi track

Post by mollybloom » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:58 am

Dear Auria Board,

This is my first venture into both this forum and Auria, so I hope you will bear with me if the question is exceedingly rudimentary. I have followed this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hizcwXxfeE0 in order to control midi drums in DM1 from Auria, creating both a midi and a stereo track, the former sending to the latter. When i just play the midi track, everything works perfectly and i can hear the drums play through the stereo track according to the pattern of the piano roll in the midi track. Yet, when i start recording on the stereo track, all of a sudden the sound disappears and no sound (nor graphics of sound) appear on the track. I am probably making a very simple mistake, but after having tinkered in frustration with it for the better part of a day I would be grateful for any suggestions as to a fix.

Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Recording mutes midi track

Post by Rim » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:18 pm

When you're recording, make sure you only have the audio track record enabled. If you record enable the MIDI track, you'll be recording on that too, and you won't be able to hear it.

Rim

mollybloom
Expert

Re: Recording mutes midi track

Post by mollybloom » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:31 am

Thanks for the answer -- i still cant get it to work with DM1 (which is sad since i adore that program,) but i got it to work with funkbox, so it must be something with DM1 that effs up when i try.

One more related question: how do I record audio from an internal midi track (some of the Lyra stuff, for example) on another track than the midi track? While in the above case, I set the external instrument (eg Funkbox) as an insert into the audio track, that is not an option with internal midi instruments (they do not come up as inserts in the audio track.) I have tried sending to bus 1 on the midi track and receiving on bus 1 on the audio track, but no audio seems to come (in fact, the sound from the midi track, again, seems to disappear.) Thank again for fast help!